Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Just purchased Nuvo Fusion 10. any tips and tricks?

Coupe.sx510

Well I recieved my tax return and immediately went to Marinedepot.com and purchased a Nuvo fusion 10 gallon. 😁. I also purchased a custom caddy, 10lbs of dry rock and, a sicce. 5 return pump. I'm thinking about buying the intank universal surface skimmer. I was wondering if anyone has one? and how do you like it? I still have to buy an ato. any recommendations?

thanks.  -frank

For ATO get the XP aqua duetto.   Its the best  tiny ATO right now.   Its on sale at marine depot for $107

And a skimmer on a 10 gallon isn't needed.   A 2 gallon water change weekly is plenty for nitrate export.    My IM10 only held 7 gallons with rock so a small water change makes a big impact.     Plus most if not all tiny skimmers suck.  

• Thanks 1

Advice would be to go light on the bioload, and as aforementioned, forego the skimmer. I think the water level is fine without the surface skimmer personally, and stock it seems to keep the surface free and clear of oil/scum.

• Thanks 1

I love my 10g nuvo. They are fun tanks. What plans do you have for the tank?

The need for a skimmer will be based on the system. Some don't need to use one and others it's a must. 

I only do waterchanges. No skimmer

2g-2.5g every 1-2 wks. 

Each system is different. The bioload, maintenance routine, feeding will all be factors on methods of filtration

• Thanks 1