ReefCleaners.org

How to Lower Phosphates in a Reef Tank

Marine Depot

How to Lower Phosphates in a Reef Tank

VIDEO: Mastering Nutrient Control

How-to-Lower-Phosphates-in-a-Reef-Tank.j
  • Like 1

I've just been feeding more at this point. I'd like to get there by doing that, that way I can maintain them easily without having to dose anything. 

But I'll look into it, thanks. 

Just now, MrObscura said:

I've just been feeding more at this point. 

That will do it too - but will also add phosphates. If your biological filter is that efficient, it will be a while before you see an increase, and it might go back down quickly too.

4 minutes ago, MrObscura said:

I've just been feeding more at this point. I'd like to get there by doing that, that way I can maintain them easily without having to dose anything. 

But I'll look into it, thanks. 

If you aren’t feeding frozen, try that. I never had detectable (Salifert) until I started frozen. 

• Thanks 1

I'm using salifert as well. I'm battling dinos, I believe a result from bottoming out no3 and po4. I've got no3 up but can't get a po4 reading. 

1 hour ago, MrObscura said:

I'm using salifert as well. I'm battling dinos, I believe a result from bottoming out no3 and po4. I've got no3 up but can't get a po4 reading. 

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the Salifert po4. It shows 0, or maybe the very super faintest blue if I look super hard and convince myself I see something. I know I've got phosphates, though, more than from feeding dry. Maybe even more than I should have. Been going back and forth on the Hanna HI774. 

• Recommended Discussions