Innovative Marine Aquariums

Timer for fluval evo light

Knighty

Hi

I apologise if this has already been covered.

Im looking for a timer for my fluval evo stock lights.

I have looked at the fluval dual channel but cant find any info if i can set the timer to only show the blue lights. 

Does any one know if this is possible?

What timers do other evo owners use?

thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

as far as I know, it's not possible to put a timer on the white to blue change over.

I had a timer plug to turn the light on or off but it would only ever turn on in white.

I believe the only way to change from white to blue is by physically pressing the 'button' on the unit its' self

I have an Evo and used a timer on the stock light (now upgraded and no longer using).  The current marine ramp timer pro works very well.  You can ramp up for 30 mins and set the length of your lights with it.  It will turn off and on with the timer.  You have to plug both the whites and the blues into one channel so it is difficult to separate the lights for moonlights, but it can be done.  I set my moonlights for 2 hours using it by just setting the amount to 3 percent (standard for moonlights with the timer is 10 percent).  For some reason below 5 percent or so only the blues come on.

Hi thanks the reply's, sorry im a bit late to respond.

have ordered one so will see how it goes. May speak with an electritian friend and see if its possible to rewire the unit to sepetate the channels.

• 3 months later...
chawalte-qcvux5

I used a current marine single ramp timer and just leave the lights on the white channel. If I want to view the tank at night I kick the light on and switch to blues. Just have to remember to put it back to white before turning it off.