Cultivated Reef

Community Website Update [Complete]

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

Howdy Nano Reefers!

I'll be working with our development team today to roll out an update to our community website, disruptions are expected to be minimal, but you may notice a few minutes of downtime while we work on things. We're going to be supercharging the site with improved performance and faster page loads all around!

giphy.gif

Thanks for your patience and support! ❤️ 

• Like 9
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Community Website Update Later Today 📣

if there's something that needs super charging...it's how quickly the hotlink tool pops up. I click it, hit cntrl+paste and it just posts on the site cause the tool hasn't appeared yet.

I can be patient n all, now that I know this...but NanoReef is the only site I have that issue with.  ;)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, banasophia said:

What’s the hotlink tool? 😬😊

when you're typing a reply, it's the weird infinity looking symbol beside the quotation mark on the tool bar along the top.

3 minutes ago, Friendly said:

when you're typing a reply, it's the weird infinity looking symbol beside the quotation mark on the tool bar along the top.

Oh wow, I’ve never used that... I always just copy and paste the link right into the body of my message and it links it. Thanks!

Christopher Marks
20 minutes ago, Friendly said:

if there's something that needs super charging...it's how quickly the hotlink tool pops up. I click it, hit cntrl+paste and it just posts on the site cause the tool hasn't appeared yet.

I can be patient n all, now that I know this...but NanoReef is the only site I have that issue with.  😉

What version operating system and browser are you using? I can try to reproduce and report a bug. 

16 minutes ago, Friendly said:

Is it even needed anymore? Most links can be posted directly since the site was updated.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

What version operating system and browser are you using? I can try to reproduce and report a bug. 

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, updated to the latest update/patch that was released on Tuesday. I also use FireFox, current version as well. I don't use Edge or Chrome much, so haven't tried on them...but will in a bit when I'm not so busy and see if there is any 'lag' using them either. I'll test on my iPad and iPhone with Safari browser too, to be thorough.

My PC is powerful (i5-7600K & 16GB RAM on an SSD) and internet fast, 50Mb / 5Mb, so those factors shouldn't be involved.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Sancho said:

@Christopher Marks site is noticibly faster loading on my pc, iOS loads fast but I’m seeing lag times when posting and my last 2 photos failed to upload 

Same here.

And I’ve noticed some of the posts have weird characters in front of sentences and pictures.  

Christopher Marks
10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Same here.

And I’ve noticed some of the posts have weird characters in front of sentences and pictures.  

Having trouble uploading photos directly to the site? I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue. Any error message?

If you’re able to capture a screenshot of the weird characters you’re describing, that should be me narrow it down. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Having trouble uploading photos directly to the site? I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue. Any error message?

If you’re able to capture a screenshot of the weird characters you’re describing, that should be me narrow it down. 

51686081-DBED-462E-9EE2-2405224EE56B.thumb.png.11a42cfc88506c07ff7e30a401bd3e7d.png

Early when I was was uploading a photo it took several tries but this time it went right through. 

• Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Community Website Update [Complete]
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic