Top Shelf Aquatics

Opinions please.

Krae

Just put in some dead rock from a tear down. The coral piece on the right was in the aquarium when I bought it running. Not sure if that’s coraline so I didn’t want to take it out yet. Going to try and find some rubble at a fish store that I can set around/on my existing rock and get some purple up. I have a few other pieces i didn’t put in that I could work with if anyone has suggestions. Going to get some black tint for the back.  

8393D828-A292-498E-B973-1A35D5D982EB.jpeg

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Krae said:

Just put in some dead rock from a tear down. The coral piece on the right was in the aquarium when I bought it running. Not sure if that’s coraline so I didn’t want to take it out yet. Going to try and find some rubble at a fish store that I can set around/on my existing rock and get some purple up. I have a few other pieces i didn’t put in that I could work with if anyone has suggestions. Going to get some black tint for the back.  

8393D828-A292-498E-B973-1A35D5D982EB.jpeg

Welcome to NR!  😊

Not bad at all. Do you have enough space to clean your glass easily?

7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Welcome to NR!  😊

Not bad at all. Do you have enough space to clean your glass easily?

I think a mini mag float will fit. If not I can move it forward some. I already changed some things haha. I need some epoxy to balance a few things up and tweak the height/placement. 

F457997B-19DD-458F-9C74-BA3D79009977.jpeg

0D541EAF-4F8E-46F1-B54F-4CD5F014E6FA.jpeg

FEFD326A-35DC-406D-9983-150C4E5F45A7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Krae said:

I think a mini mag float will fit. If not I can move it forward some. I already changed some things haha. I need some epoxy to balance a few things up and tweak the height/placement. 

F457997B-19DD-458F-9C74-BA3D79009977.jpeg

0D541EAF-4F8E-46F1-B54F-4CD5F014E6FA.jpeg

FEFD326A-35DC-406D-9983-150C4E5F45A7.jpeg

As long as you have room to clean you are good. Try to visualize it with the corals you would like to have. 

I think the TX Holey Rock piece at the left bottom is throwing me off because the other base is so dense. But I liked the shape. Like you said once I get coral going and it’s covered in coraline maybe it will look fine. I have another base piece but it’s boring. Thanks for your input. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...