EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Nem is acting weird?

I decided to turn off my lights for 3 days to get rid of cyano, and almost into the second day, my mini maxi nem fell off his rock and then purposely turned himself upside down? He was laying in the sand upside down when I woke up this morning, and I turned him back around so he looks like he’s supposed to, but then I looked back at him, and he was flipped back over again? I decided to turn the lights back on, bc I was afraid that this was not normal. Could this be normal? This happen to anybody else? Anyone might have any insight into what might be going on?

43 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I decided to turn off my lights for 3 days to get rid of cyano, and almost into the second day, my mini maxi nem fell off his rock and then purposely turned himself upside down? He was laying in the sand upside down when I woke up this morning, and I turned him back around so he looks like he’s supposed to, but then I looked back at him, and he was flipped back over again? I decided to turn the lights back on, bc I was afraid that this was not normal. Could this be normal? This happen to anybody else? Anyone might have any insight into what might be going on?

How old is your tank? From your thread it looked pretty heavily stocked. What are your numbers phos,nitrate,any ammonia present etc?

My tank is a year and a half old. And I’m trying to get rid of this flame angel, but my LFS won’t take it. The flame doesn’t look to great, so I don’t think that he will be with me much longer. I haven’t been able to test my phos yet, but everything else is normal. He never acted like this before, and I’ve had him for more than a month, he only decided to do this when I turned off the lights for a blackout. He was perfectly healthy before, all spread out and everything.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:21 AM, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

My tank is a year and a half old. And I’m trying to get rid of this flame angel, but my LFS won’t take it. The flame doesn’t look to great, so I don’t think that he will be with me much longer. I haven’t been able to test my phos yet, but everything else is normal. He never acted like this before, and I’ve had him for more than a month, he only decided to do this when I turned off the lights for a blackout. He was perfectly healthy before, all spread out and everything.

Any updates in the nem? Did all the cyano start to die off? As it dies I would think it could negativity effect the water. 

53 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Yea, I do have an update. All the cyano started to die off, and it killed both of my nems, I got the protein skimmer too late

It also killed my 2 emerald crabs for some reason.

Sorry to hear. I am not sure the skimmer would have saved them or not. Water changes and carbon are probably the way to go for large amounts of dying cyano.