Cultivated Reef

Underworld2.0's new pico venture

Underworld2.0

Underworld2.0

Hello all, Scott here! 

Was on the site way back in 2009 I had my last reef tank, was part of a local club and things went sour and I decided to get out of reefing. 

Now I have a 10yo son who got ahold of some old pics and is now interested in reefing! 

We have limited space and funds like most families and have a new one on the way.

So I've decided on a reefjar! 

Currently have an air pump, the jar asta20 on its way.

I will update this thread as I proceed.

My issue is finding live rock, all of our locals have closed down ... So currently this is my search.

Looking for fully cured Coraline covered live rock who  do you all recommend to purchase online from? I mean I'm only looking for a few lbs 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Underworld2.0 said:

Hello all, Scott here! 

Was on the site way back in 2009 I had my last reef tank, was part of a local club and things went sour and I decided to get out of reefing. 

Now I have a 10yo son who got ahold of some old pics and is now interested in reefing! 

We have limited space and funds like most families and have a new one on the way.

So I've decided on a reefjar! 

Currently have an air pump, the jar asta20 on its way.

I will update this thread as I proceed.

My issue is finding live rock, all of our locals have closed down ... So currently this is my search.

Looking for fully cured Coraline covered live rock who  do you all recommend to purchase online from? I mean I'm only looking for a few lbs 

This might be a good option since you don’t need much.

https://premiumaquatics.com/products/real-reef-live-fully-cured-branch-rock-sold-lb.html

And welcome back! 

I had a jar in the past. They are really cool! Check out the pico jar contest page/s and you’ll see lots of cool ideas. 

Your son is going to love it!

• 3 weeks later...
Underworld2.0

Ok so things have changed! 

I have new ideas, and am scrapping the reef jar for now, the asta20 I ordered wouldn't work with the remote, so I returned it ..

I'm looking to start something out of the box something different ... 

Stay tuned 🙂