Pod Your Reef

Red Sea max nano aquascape

killakam

Hey guys! What do you guys think of my rock work. I didn’t have much to work with, since this is what came with the tank. I don’t mind adding more rock now, I should’ve done that before I started the tank cycle in retrospect. 

I would like for it to look better but I’m not a creative type, what do you guys think? 

What can I do to make it better? 

09F8DB4A-671F-4B71-A538-A56DF7515B52.jpeg

I think it looks good! Enough room on the sides for the algae scraper, enough height for some SPS if you go that route.

I'm not creative at all with this stuff, so I couldn't really help you. But one thing I noticed is that there may not be enough hiding spots for the fish. Maybe something to consider if you plan to add more rock

1 minute ago, Jeff Hood said:

Looks good to me. You’ll end up adding some rock here and there with some coral.  Coral will grow and you’ll be glad you have the room. 

Sound advice! I didn't think that far to be honest haha 

The rockwork is just the structure of the tank, the bones if you will. All of the corals and macros you add flesh out the shape more. So while it is important to have a pleasing aquascape, it does tend to get covered up over time.