Cultivated Reef

Bleaching coral?

Coinee

I got my frogspawn coral a couple days ago. I just noticed there is a bit of whiteness on the coral now that I don't remember seeing before. Am I bleaching this coral?  I have been running lights for about 8 hours, my light is about 15 inches away from the coral. 

Should I dial back the lights or change the photo period?  I moved the focus of the light more away from it and turned it down a bit now since I noticed it.

IMG_20190211_174203_64.jpg

IMG_20190211_174205_79.jpg

Bleaching would happen overall, not just one tentacle like that. 

Not sure what it may be, but euphyllia are somewhat known to do wierd things and then bounce back like nothing ever happened. 

1 minute ago, patback said:

Bleaching would happen overall, not just one tentacle like that. 

Not sure what it may be, but euphyllia are somewhat known to do wierd things and then bounce back like nothing ever happened. 

It is on a few of them closer to the skeleton area.  The part in the photo is actually the part rotated the furthest from the light. I really don't want to kill it because it's my favourite!

1 hour ago, mcarroll said:

no3?  po4?

I don't test for those since I just have a pico jar that I do 100% changes on weekly.

I looked at photos when I first got it and it looks like it had a few white stalks, so I am not so worried now. I got it from a reliable seller and everything was super healthy and happy in his tank when I bought it. I'm just gonna watch it a bit closely for the next little while. 

On 2/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, mcarroll said:

A store would test it for you.

Let us know if its condition changes any more.

I think they are fine...a few stalks on one of the heads of the frogpsawn are white too, but they aren't on the other head's stalks. But they both seem to be extending more and doing quite well, so unless that changes, I won't worry too much. Maybe just that one head is weird. All the other coral seem to be doing well too!