Coral Vue Hydros

What is this?

Ramzman89

A couple weeks ago I bought 3 new frags and they are

doing well! Makes me happy. I added a frogspawn, gap, and Xenia. The Xenia has a couple purple looking mushrooms on it that are growing bigger by the day. I'm sure someone knows what they are. And my toadstool has really taken off since I've glued it! The Xenia has taken off a ton and the frogspawn is getting a lot bigger. The gsp is doing great but it's brown with little hints of green. I was expecting it to have more green but idk. Anyways here are some pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In a year, you'll want to scrape out every inch of xenia and green star polyp. That is, if you're successful with it. Same with that leather once it quadruples in size. Welcome to the forum!

• Thanks 1
fishkeepersaltnfresh

Looks like Superman mushroom . Looks very similar to what I have in my tank. If it is Superman mushroom,  you might want to put it on a separate island. My superman took out Green Chalice. 

• Thanks 1

They do look like mushrooms.  I LOVED my red mushrooms.  They did spread all over the tank, but harmed nothing.  The GSP come in a variety of shapes and colors, some more green then others, some have longer tenticles (I don't know what they are called).  You could try putting them in a different location and see if they color up a bit.  I had my GSP for years, they did so awesome, I could cut pieces off of it and trade them for more coral.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/10/2019 at 7:44 PM, sadie said:

They do look like mushrooms.  I LOVED my red mushrooms.  They did spread all over the tank, but harmed nothing.  The GSP come in a variety of shapes and colors, some more green then others, some have longer tenticles (I don't know what they are called).  You could try putting them in a different location and see if they color up a bit.  I had my GSP for years, they did so awesome, I could cut pieces off of it and trade them for more coral.  

I beleive they are just called tentacles on stoloniferas'. And I agree with the mushrooms, great little guys to have adds lots of color and movement to any tank!