Jump to content
Flokstra

Safe or not?

Recommended Posts

Flokstra

Hey people!

I have the idea these critters are not really what we want in our tanks. What do you guys think?

 

7D961813-58B7-409D-AED1-2162088CF1D7.jpeg

DCACB9BE-1439-48C7-9BAE-BBAA813D44D0.jpeg

306B8C81-C62A-4572-B946-2E4ECD373BBB.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Floundering_Around

look like little limpets. do they have a shell?

Share this post


Link to post
Flokstra

No, and if disturbed they are quite fast and can swim around. So I'm guessing flatworms. Just don's know if it's the taking-over-the-tank-and-eating-the-corals type!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
righttirefire

Springer damsel or wrasse. No more issue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
1 hour ago, Flokstra said:

Hey people!

I have the idea these critters are not really what we want in our tanks. What do you guys think?

 

7D961813-58B7-409D-AED1-2162088CF1D7.jpeg

DCACB9BE-1439-48C7-9BAE-BBAA813D44D0.jpeg

306B8C81-C62A-4572-B946-2E4ECD373BBB.jpeg

Flatworms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Flokstra
53 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Springer damsel or wrasse. No more issue

I was thinking about that, but wouldn't overcrowding become an issue then? I already have a pair of ocellaris, watchman goby and cleaner shrimp in a 10G tank...

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
8 minutes ago, Flokstra said:

I was thinking about that, but wouldn't overcrowding become an issue then? I already have a pair of ocellaris, watchman goby and cleaner shrimp in a 10G tank...

Where are you seeing the worms? Sand? Glass? On corals? How many?

Share this post


Link to post
Flokstra

Only on the glass, five of them. And I got them out really easy with the turkey baster.
Even though it doesn't seem like an investation,  I was thinking about getting a Springer Damsel.

What would you guys reccon, too much live-stock or just on the edge?

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
14 minutes ago, Flokstra said:

Only on the glass, five of them. And I got them out really easy with the turkey baster.
Even though it doesn't seem like an investation,  I was thinking about getting a Springer Damsel.

What would you guys reccon, too much live-stock or just on the edge?

I wouldn’t get crazy just yet.......I would wait to see if you find more.  Keep sucking them up when you see them and if it starts to be an issue go from there. I’ve had several kinds.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
righttirefire
12 minutes ago, Flokstra said:

Only on the glass, five of them. And I got them out really easy with the turkey baster.
Even though it doesn't seem like an investation,  I was thinking about getting a Springer Damsel.

What would you guys reccon, too much live-stock or just on the edge?

Id say if they were the flatworms that feed on the excess nutrients in the tank like i had husbandary, feeding less (more appropriately), larger or more frequent waterchanges would fix it. 

The kind i had were excessive. And adding a springer to a 20 long with only 3 other fish didnt seem excessive to me.

If you have a good lfs and build a good reputation with them, You may be able to "lease" (purchase and return for credit).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Flokstra

Thanks for the advice! I'll just keep an eye out for now and target feed a bit more. The tank is running great, so i'm not worried at all!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...