Innovative Marine Aquariums

Safe or not?

Flokstra

No, and if disturbed they are quite fast and can swim around. So I'm guessing flatworms. Just don's know if it's the taking-over-the-tank-and-eating-the-corals type!

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Springer damsel or wrasse. No more issue

I was thinking about that, but wouldn't overcrowding become an issue then? I already have a pair of ocellaris, watchman goby and cleaner shrimp in a 10G tank...

8 minutes ago, Flokstra said:

I was thinking about that, but wouldn't overcrowding become an issue then? I already have a pair of ocellaris, watchman goby and cleaner shrimp in a 10G tank...

Where are you seeing the worms? Sand? Glass? On corals? How many?

Only on the glass, five of them. And I got them out really easy with the turkey baster.
Even though it doesn't seem like an investation,  I was thinking about getting a Springer Damsel.

What would you guys reccon, too much live-stock or just on the edge?

14 minutes ago, Flokstra said:

Only on the glass, five of them. And I got them out really easy with the turkey baster.
Even though it doesn't seem like an investation,  I was thinking about getting a Springer Damsel.

I wouldn’t get crazy just yet.......I would wait to see if you find more.  Keep sucking them up when you see them and if it starts to be an issue go from there. I’ve had several kinds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
righttirefire
12 minutes ago, Flokstra said:

Id say if they were the flatworms that feed on the excess nutrients in the tank like i had husbandary, feeding less (more appropriately), larger or more frequent waterchanges would fix it. 

The kind i had were excessive. And adding a springer to a 20 long with only 3 other fish didnt seem excessive to me.

If you have a good lfs and build a good reputation with them, You may be able to "lease" (purchase and return for credit).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1