Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Just apply it around the corals without touching them... that is what the Qtip is for (for peroxide).

For the pest nems, you need a syringe yes. Old test kits have them. I just treat them INSIDE the tank under water. 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Just apply it around the corals without touching them... that is what the Qtip is for (for peroxide).

For the pest nems, you need a syringe yes. Old test kits have them. I just treat them INSIDE the tank under water. 

The only problem is that some of the pest algae is like right next to the corals. Like my mushrooms. It’s touching them. The algae is growing on my gsp also.

It won't kill a mushroom, just piss them off. You need to get what you can... otherwise what? Its can smother SPS just like it is trying to do to your GSP. 

Problems generally start small... 1 or 2 nems... a few patches of algae. If you don't fix it... they both turn into a plague.... as you can see. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

It won't kill a mushroom, just piss them off. You need to get what you can... otherwise what? Its can smother SPS just like it is trying to do to your GSP. 

Problems generally start small... 1 or 2 nems... a few patches of algae. If you don't fix it... they both turn into a plague.... as you can see. 

Ok, I’ll have to get some stuff to fix the algae problems and the aptasia 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I got pictures of exactly everything that I got. Everything looks amazing. The spongodes looks pretty big and the acro has another acro growing on the frag disc. So I pretty much got two for the price of one. And on the one mushroom, you can clearly see the nice sized bounce on it. I never ordered the hairy green mushroom, but I think that they are just gonna give it to me. They told me that this is my entire order. The torches also look really big. The bottom torch looks as if it has multiple heads, but I only ordered one head. 

4885ACA4-CB3F-46F6-A4E4-76F2939CECBE.png

30B3D4A7-9E80-495C-902E-FE1C9DB4E942.png

23475399-C7A7-411F-B0DB-C895C9B9E2D3.png

995F022C-398C-48BE-9A32-AF14341B18B1.png

BearTheSquare

That’s a crazy nice order, can’t wait to see how they come in. If everything comes in well I’m going to have to make an order. Those Euphyllia prices are ridiculously nice for what you’re getting. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, BearTheSquare said:

That’s a crazy nice order, can’t wait to see how they come in. If everything comes in well I’m going to have to make an order. Those Euphyllia prices are ridiculously nice for what you’re getting. 

Yea, I’ve never seen prices so good for euphyllia. I even got that bounce for literally 20 bucks. I don’t know if they know that they could make a lot more money, but I’m not gonna be the one to tell them😂. I’ve seen the same exact euphyllia that I just ordered on other websites for 100 dollars more than what I paid and the euphyllia are smaller also on other websites. These euphyllias are really nice sized. I’ve seen the bounce that I’ve ordered on other sites, not the same color. I’ve never seen this color morph either. But this morph is like those interstellar bounce mushrooms that are really expensive, but a much better color. It’s a teal blue mushroom will red dots and white bounces. It reminds me of a bounced Spider-Man mushroom. They could’ve easily of sold those for at least $100. He even gave me a good sized one too. He said it’s almost 3 inches across when fully open. I was messaging the owner last night and he told me that they are planning on having a Black Friday sale coming up here soon. If I were to order something again, I would wait till then. THOSE PRICES CAN GET EVEN CHEAPER😂. I’ll keep everyone updated though. Tomorrow whenever the order arrives, I’ll make sure to make a lot of posts. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

They even have some really high end stuff that they are selling really cheap too. They sell bleeding apple scolys and war paint scolys for 50 and 75 bucks. Same with lobos. Lobos are really cheap. They even have a really good deal on a frag pack of sps. They give you 11 sps frags for $99 dollars. They pick the frags of course, but I mean, you can’t beat 11 frags for $99 dollars. Even if they aren’t the most colorful.

Torch prices vary widely, it is the indo ones that seem to demand the highest price as indo coral collection is closed. 

Popularity changes frequently too and prices wax and wane. I would love to see a timeline of how popular coral types have changes through the years. 

I would say you got a fair/good deal on everything. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Torch prices vary widely, it is the indo ones that seem to demand the highest price as indo coral collection is closed. 

Popularity changes frequently too and prices wax and wane. 

I would say you got a fair/good deal on everything. 

What about the Malaysia torches? I haven’t heard a lot about those?

I feel like any torch that is less than 50 is a good deal.

When indo was open you could get pretty much every color of torch for cheap...and they were just cheapo common corals. 

Hopefully it opens back up again, I got some stuff I want to get out of indo. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
12 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Where do you see a 'malaysia torch' - this hobby is full of naming games.

This was an email from funkey monkey corals

C0DE0AE5-AACB-487F-A484-EAA2CC9DE71B.png

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
4 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

This was from 2017:

coralscheapo.thumb.JPG.2446b228d771b41a1aa6d0343a5e545e.JPG

and here is an orange hammer that sold for a lot more than that entire pack in 2019...

hammertime.thumb.JPG.0657a055bc1994ff7b6f4f95d603d025.JPG

Dear lord, that’s insane. Each individual piece of that pack is now more expensive than the entire pack. Did you get any really nice euphyllia before they became so expensive?

11 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

This was an email from funkey monkey corals

C0DE0AE5-AACB-487F-A484-EAA2CC9DE71B.png

Looks like a green torch with the word Malaysia in it. Looks similar to the stuff Aqua SD carries. 

9 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Dear lord, that’s insane. Each individual piece of that pack is now more expensive than the entire pack. Did you get any really nice euphyllia before they became so expensive?

Nah, I was a poor college student and anything over $20 was too rich for my blood. Now I have to pay through the nose...  

If they open up indo again this is what is waiting for us: (all maricultured could not be sold either, so racks and racks of grown corals have just been growing through the years including fields of torches!!)

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
5 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Nah, I was a poor college student and anything over $20 was too rich for my blood. Now I have to pay through the nose...  

If they open up indo again this is what is waiting for us: (all maricultured could not be sold either, so racks and racks of grown corals have just been growing through the years including fields of torches!!)

I can’t wait till they open it back up again. I’m gonna buy myself a bunch of nice torches. Is the reason they closed it because they are trying to let it grow back and replenish?

4 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I can’t wait till they open it back up again. I’m gonna buy myself a bunch of nice torches. Is the reason they closed it because they are trying to let it grow back and replenish?

Closed by the government because of dying reefs in the wild. They closed all corals... so even stuff that was cultured could not come out. Most likely because customs cant tell a wild coral from a cultured one.

Its possible it may never open but a lot of families lost their jobs and income and supposedly we should know more by the end of the November. 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I also had a quick question about the little bit of bubble algae in my tank. How should I go about getting them out? What should I use to pry them off of my acan without popping them and without damaging the acan?