Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
31 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Some nice stuff there indeed. I'm working on swinging a coral order in for christmas too 😅

Got some nice corals in there. Do you know what his lighting and parameters are out of interest?

I’ll figure it out for you, let me ask him, I have his number

24 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Tank looks great! 

Thank you very much!!!

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
On 11/15/2019 at 4:53 PM, Ratvan said:

Some nice stuff there indeed. I'm working on swinging a coral order in for christmas too 😅

Got some nice corals in there. Do you know what his lighting and parameters are out of interest?

I got the params and everything he’s using for you ratvan

They use XR30s, Hydra 52s, and T5.
They run ALK 8.5
CAL 450
MAG 1470

• Wow 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Tomorrow is ordering time😁😁. I ended up not getting the scoly, I don’t even know if I have enough room for it, and I don’t need to spend 75 bucks if I don’t really need to. I asked him what size the mushrooms that I’m getting are gonna and he said that he will give me the biggest ones that they have. Not the mother mushroom, but the second biggest. He said they will at least be 2 inches across, pushing on 3. He’s also gonna send me pictures tomorrow of the exact specimens that he picked out for me. Overall their customer service great. I even texted the guy at like 11:30 at night about a question I had and he still replied to me within 15 minutes. But to know for sure if they get my seal of approval, I’m gonna have to see how all of the corals arrive. If everything goes well, I highly recommend these guys. They have been pretty amazing so far and their prices can’t be beat. 

5 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I got the params and everything he’s using for you ratvan

They use XR30s, Hydra 52s, and T5.
They run ALK 8.5
CAL 450
MAG 1470

Interesting thank you very much. Colours looked similar to someone I know here who runs a combination of T5's and the Hydra 52's. Might be worth a punt on some for me then

5 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Hers the list of everything that I’m getting. May add one of two things if I can scrounge up more money.

5D1908D0-4E02-4168-8719-CFC46FD063C8.png

7D3E9A98-0B17-4484-924A-6D0918F57877.jpeg

1BA75F8D-464F-4DE1-995F-E2B29728488F.png

75231D55-FCC0-49E2-ADA7-7FB2324D060D.png

A5E296BF-8F99-409A-8A74-08624AAEE6D1.png

Its all nice, but those Tonga Torch 😍

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Interesting thank you very much. Colours looked similar to someone I know here who runs a combination of T5's and the Hydra 52's. Might be worth a punt on some for me then

Its all nice, but those Tonga Torch 😍

Yea if I had that kinda money, I would love to use a combination of those two lights. And yes, the Tonga torches are gorgeous😍

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

So for placement wise, should I start everything out on the sand bed? Even the Acro and other sps? And also could I put the two torches next to each other? I know ones a Tonga and the other is an Australian. Does that make a difference? I think that the Australian is a longer tentacled one?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

So for placement wise, should I start everything out on the sand bed? Even the Acro and other sps? And also could I put the two torches next to each other? I know ones a Tonga and the other is an Australian. Does that make a difference? I think that the Australian is a longer tentacled one?

Start them all out on the sandbed. I don’t think it matters what kind it is- let them all acclimate on the sand bed first then move them to where you want them. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Especially the Acro and SPS.... they will get shocked without proper acclimation.

Different torches may or may not get along. Torches can be more finicky about their neighbors than hammers. 

Indo is long tentacle, aussie is short, and tonga is stubby. 

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Especially the Acro and SPS.... they will get shocked without proper acclimation.

Different torches may or may not get along. Torches can be more finicky about their neighbors than hammers. 

Indo is long tentacle, aussie is short, and tonga is stubby. 

Ok will do. I ended up not getting the hairy mushroom. It was 35 dollars, and it was pretty big. I didn’t know if I had the room for it

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

My red acan is finally starting to grow a new head. It’s been almost a year. He was dying, slowly losing skin, but I never gave up hope on him and he pulled through and is finally growing a new head. 

09ABDE80-50D3-4226-9526-DECD0701FD9F.jpeg

DE2DFA63-3250-481F-932D-FEBEF078BF23.jpeg

4C5FDCAF-E0CF-477D-AD07-B795E34D8023.jpeg

3E8DC4F6-CFBE-4C2C-A0E2-4AB886691DC6.jpeg

4F4727AB-0998-448F-BD93-51502B3E761B.jpeg

57EAF441-E32F-4620-B037-3AD01695F5D4.jpeg

4A61C6D8-5E45-4EA3-BDB7-12F441242F6A.jpeg

AFE7F1BD-FA5D-4169-BB94-0AF45ADC56B4.jpeg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I found some sunglasses that had an orange lens and I wanted to see if I could get any nice pictures with the blues on. This is the best I got. Everything is so bright. It kinda hurts my eyes.

9689FB0D-7319-4420-9B93-A8D2633CDD01.jpeg

544110A7-5240-44CD-A919-D428FEED7B9A.jpeg

806D2CAF-2B08-44C3-819B-848F8E57DFCC.jpeg

231A46E8-3286-4491-A5C1-06CEED959DA6.jpeg

ED90C61F-9D1A-44E5-85E2-89FD22EB547B.jpeg

49EEBC3C-5FE3-4AC1-BF85-A4E795C5E368.jpeg

3F712007-B9B7-4468-8EAF-6DF824317CBE.jpeg

1CCEF3F7-6F31-4917-9FC9-7620585CE3A7.jpeg

A485B37A-478A-4481-95A6-FAC69CE2281F.jpeg

85BC39E8-10A7-4FFF-BD2D-20216F1F43F3.jpeg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also, I have this algae spreading all around my tank and the only things that eat it are my emerald crabs and my pincushion urchin. It looks exactly like hair algae, but none of my snails or anything else will eat it?

8D1A556F-5995-46FA-B1F9-B3BB2C501CF5.jpeg

50C47CEA-BDDF-4FEA-AA49-16EB063CE629.jpeg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

It looks like turf algae to me, also aptasia. Take care of the pest nems as they can take over and start stinging your corals. 

Is turf algae really bad? I really hope I can eventually get rid of it. I’ll have to order some aptasia X. They don’t really seem to be killing anything, just annoying a few zoas. But I know that they can spread like you said and some corals like the Acro that I’m getting probably will die if it is stung. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also, my hammer coral has some kinda green algae(it looks like the same turf algae in my tank), growing in all of my hammers mouths. I keep trying to get rid of it by just plucking the algae out of his mouth, but it always grows back. It grows really fast. It doesn’t really seem to be annoying or upsetting the hammer, but it won’t let him eat anything. Every time I try to feed him mysis, he never eats it and I think it’s because of the algae. How would I go about getting rid of the algae?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also last night I was feeding the tank, so I turned off the filter and the wavemaker to make sure everything got enough food. Right as I turned my wavemaker back on, there was some kind of milky white gooey substance that was floating through the water column and it quickly dispersed from the water motion in the tank. I didn’t get to catch where it came from, when I first saw it, it was floating around the middle of the tank. It looked almost exactly like when a nem is trying to mate. But I don’t know which nem it came from. I probably won’t have any baby nems from this, bc I only have one big long tentacle nem and a carpet nem and aptasia of course. I’m thinking that it could’ve possibly of come from my carpet nem, bc he was shrunken and acting funny all night, but he’s normal this morning. It was just a cool thing to witness, thought I would share.

The turf can smother corals or make it difficult for them to grow. 

You probably need to remove items and treat them with hydrogen peroxide and a Qtip. 

You can just use lemon juice for the aptasia.... No need to order fancy stuff. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
8 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

The turf can smother corals or make it difficult for them to grow. 

You probably need to remove items and treat them with hydrogen peroxide and a Qtip. 

You can just use lemon juice for the aptasia.... No need to order fancy stuff. 

Do I need to buy a syringe tho? How would I remove all my rocks when all my corals are on them? They are glued to the rocks. Is it safe for my corals? Also, did you get my message?