Coral Vue Hydros

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

8 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Fish tank is way better than a car 🤗

Idk.. if you have a car... thats like... a way to get to the LFS any time a person wants :ninja:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Drill a 40B? 😮 That is what I did years ago for one of my early 'bigger' tanks. I really liked the dimension and just big enough to keep a handful of interesting fish. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
19 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Fish tank is way better than a car 🤗

Cars do help on the getting to work so you can make more money for fish tanks though 

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
50 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Cars do help on the getting to work so you can make more money for fish tanks though 

That is true😂

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I have some problems😬. I was scoping my tank before feeding tonight and I noticed a bunch of hitchhikers that I have never noticed before. I have a bunch of feather dusters that are a pretty orange color. But I think that I’ve also spotted a little baby aptasia. I’m gonna have to get rid of it somehow. It’s so small right now. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

And now for the big finally!! I spotted two tiny eyeballs staring at me in one of my rocks. It’s a baby mantis shrimp. I have no idea how he got in my tank. The eyeballs were moving and looked like they were observing everything. I threw a piece of mysis into the hole where the eyes were and the eyes retracted and took the mysis with them. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Snow_Phoenix
24 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

And now for the big finally!! I spotted two tiny eyeballs staring at me in one of my rocks. It’s a baby mantis shrimp. I have no idea how he got in my tank. The eyeballs were moving and looked like they were observing everything. I threw a piece of mysis into the hole where the eyes were and the eyes retracted and took the mysis with them. 

If he's small enough, he might be lunch for your wrasse. Any chance you can remove the rock he's in and isolate him? 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
3 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

If he's small enough, he might be lunch for your wrasse. Any chance you can remove the rock he's in and isolate him? 

That’s gonna be a little hard to do. It has a bunch of corals already glued onto it. How long could corals survive outside of water?

Here’s some pictures of one of the eyeballs.

6F989BA1-B28E-4D58-B257-F97CACCAA103.jpeg

B3940ADC-50BA-4909-BBEB-BC44C7E8620C.jpeg

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It’s hard to get pictures of him from that angle 

While I’m here tho, I’ll go ahead and post pictures of everything

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I just fed the tank, that’s why some things are closed up. This is a picture of one of the orange feather dusters that I have everywhere in my tank.

368698C1-3C49-43DA-AA1E-0A64D58050AC.jpeg

This is a picture of my carpet eating a piece of scallop.

CE7139C5-B44F-4C05-8DDA-219B14ABF029.jpeg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Of course jerry. He has a little cove in the rock that he liked to hide in. He’s still missing a few legs, so he’s still lopsided.

CD6A268D-5F66-4C04-9EC1-DA8ACECBEADA.jpeg

F9679E50-FD13-4DA4-A885-F2C73626D8F6.jpeg

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Idk.. if you have a car... thats like... a way to get to the LFS any time a person wants :ninja:

Hmm good point 😃

3 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

This is also a very good point

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

If you would compare pictures of some of my zoas, they are multiplying finally. These clownfish love to photobomb😂

9BECDAD2-8291-40E9-8C85-558C50E108ED.jpeg

DCCBD794-DA10-4568-B001-DC0E6D260D9A.jpeg

7CBB7954-0410-4599-B350-040152766CF5.jpeg

D126E7D8-7028-4D08-8F5B-5292AC40BADA.jpeg

B5832696-79F6-4163-812E-1AAEE10707DC.jpeg

86A49F31-4AB2-42E1-990E-23C6FEFCA00B.jpeg

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also, what in the world is this? I found this growing on the side of my scoly on a shell that was attached to the scoly. I was able to get it off of the scoly and put it over on this rock. It’s a pretty blue, but I have no idea what it is? It looks like tiny flowers almost. Maybe a type of zoa?

C56B332A-AAEB-4062-ACA9-02CAD27A842C.jpeg

04F466D0-44E6-4217-9AA9-4E43A1C67900.jpeg

B7C2F389-719D-4BC4-BC9D-97F48CB8A996.jpeg

ED67852F-4BD5-4640-B01D-CDA07C1AB5D1.jpeg

The wrasse is already asleep, I could not get any pictures of him sadly.

19 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

If you would compare pictures of some of my zoas, they are multiplying finally. These clownfish love to photobomb😂

9BECDAD2-8291-40E9-8C85-558C50E108ED.jpeg

DCCBD794-DA10-4568-B001-DC0E6D260D9A.jpeg

7CBB7954-0410-4599-B350-040152766CF5.jpeg

D126E7D8-7028-4D08-8F5B-5292AC40BADA.jpeg

B5832696-79F6-4163-812E-1AAEE10707DC.jpeg

86A49F31-4AB2-42E1-990E-23C6FEFCA00B.jpeg

The GSP looks nice. 😊

the blue things look like they could be clove polyps.

• Like 2

Coral can survive out of water... a long time... that mantis won't come out willingly though. They are super cool critters. Time to ask for that upgrade so you can put him in a sump refugium lol

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Coral can survive out of water... a long time... that mantis won't come out willingly though. They are super cool critters. Time to ask for that upgrade so you can put him in a sump refugium lol

Sumps are soooo useful. I think that’s one of my favorite, albeit dirty, parts of the big tank!

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
10 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Sumps are soooo useful. I think that’s one of my favorite, albeit dirty, parts of the big tank!

Yea, I’ll have to ask for a tank with a sump😂

I seriously have no idea how he appeared in my tank. All I’ve been putting in my tank are frags

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I’ve been meaning to ask everyone, what kind of corals should I invest in next? I want my tank to really start to look like an actual reef and I feel like I need some show piece corals. What should I look for? Any suggestions? 

Maybe some colonies of something? Something that really stands out? Maybe some acro? I’ve never tried acro before?

Snow_Phoenix
13 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I’ve been meaning to ask everyone, what kind of corals should I invest in next? I want my tank to really start to look like an actual reef and I feel like I need some show piece corals. What should I look for? Any suggestions? 

Maybe some colonies of something? Something that really stands out? Maybe some acro? I’ve never tried acro before?

You can try SPS, but personally, if I were you - I'd just wait and continue hoarding more frags. *Maybe get a small LPS colony like a hammer or frogspawn. And add more softies. Quite frankly, it's up to you, since it's your reef. The final decision lies in your hands, and pick something you like and are confident enough to take care of. 🙂 

Anything makes it look like a reef... it just needs to grow. 

I doubt you are ready for acro's. You had problems with that hammer which is much easier. 

If you can find neon green nepthea, I would recommend it, hardy, beautiful, not invasive like kenya and it can grow large and give you some of that vertical growth you probably want. 

One of the easiest SPS I found was the ORA Mint Pavana Coral:

pavona-frondifera.jpg

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I think that whatever was causing my corals that are like the hammer to decline is gone. The monti was also declining, but slower than the hammer. My acans were also declining, but that seemed to stop. The acan was always looking shriveled and I was afraid that it was gonna turn out like my other acan that the head just popped right out of the body. But this one seems to be getting better. My torch is kinda the same way. 

Since I’ve been doing more water changes and have been using reef plus every time I feed, everything seems to be growing very fast and looking better