Cultivated Reef

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Feeding the wrasse was a complete success!! The first time that I attempted to feed her, she wasn’t interested at all, but I fed her today and she went after everything. She’s kinda aggressive when it comes to food ngl😂

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Feeding the wrasse was a complete success!! The first time that I attempted to feed her, she wasn’t interested at all, but I fed her today and she went after everything. She’s kinda aggressive when it comes to food ngl😂

That's good news. 

Gross, get a IM25g or IM40 (works with your current light) or a waterbox in comparable size/dimension. 

I don't see the point of a biocube these days unless a person modifies it, mainly the lighting which is a bunch of $$. 

or just save money and get a 40 Breeder at the Petco sale....and drill it for a sump or get a tidal HOB and put the rest of the $ into good equipment, good flow, good skimmer, not this janky shit 😛

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
9 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Gross, get a IM25g or IM40 (works with your current light) or a waterbox in comparable size/dimension. 

I don't see the point of a biocube these days unless a person modifies it, mainly the lighting which is a bunch of $$. 

or just save money and get a 40 Breeder at the Petco sale....and drill it for a sump or get a tidal HOB and put the rest of the $ into good equipment, good flow, good skimmer, not this janky shit 😛

I had no idea that bio cubes were not a good tank😂. They always looked so nice to me😂

4 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I had no idea that bio cubes were not a good tank😂. They always looked so nice to me😂

They're more of an entry level tank IMO. As @Tamberavhas pointed out the tank needs a lot of modifications to make it worthy. I'd rather just spend that money either upgrading your current system or get something like RODI unit if you dont have one or go the 40B route as suggested. 

Or use the Money for a decent 2nd hand set up $400ish (assuming you're looking at the 32) could get you something somewhat decent

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I just got a waterbox 20 and I love it. It's a clean tank and the AIO section is amazing. No more equipment in the display.

edit: the tank was 179 for a little scuff on the painted side of the tank.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

They're more of an entry level tank IMO. As @Tamberavhas pointed out the tank needs a lot of modifications to make it worthy. I'd rather just spend that money either upgrading your current system or get something like RODI unit if you dont have one or go the 40B route as suggested. 

Or use the Money for a decent 2nd hand set up $400ish (assuming you're looking at the 32) could get you something somewhat decent

The 32 was what I was thinking about.

2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I just got a waterbox 20 and I love it. It's a clean tank and the AIO section is amazing. No more equipment in the display.

edit: the tank was 179 for a little scuff on the painted side of the tank.

Hmm, I’ll have to look at the waterboxes

Or one of the ims

• Like 1

Your wrasse will eventually need a bigger tank so this might be a good time to upgrade? Maybe at least into the 40 range? Used 75g's are cheap too and you could just get another led box to add to it. Ofc then you need a RODI machine but thats life lol

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Your wrasse will eventually need a bigger tank so this might be a good time to upgrade? Maybe at least into the 40 range? Used 75g's are cheap too and you could just get another led box to add to it. Ofc then you need a RODI machine but thats life lol

The 40 range should be fine, I want a bigger tank like a 75, but my parents don’t want something that big. What do you recommend in the 40 range?

1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

The 40 range should be fine, I want a bigger tank like a 75, but my parents don’t want something that big. What do you recommend in the 40 range?

I like the dimensions of the breeders and the 45 long. It's all personal choice. Or go for a 50? 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

go big or go home.... 400gallon, just do it :haha:

• Haha 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
26 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

go big or go home.... 400gallon, just do it :haha:

I would love too🤤. But that’s not an option until I get my own place and a stable job. I want a huge tank installed inside of a wall in my house when I have the money. My girlfriend also agreed on the idea which was a total score. Most of the time she puts down all of my ideas when it comes to my tank😂

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I’m finally seeing some progress on the growth of my corals in my tank😁. Some of my zoas are finally growing more polyps, my mushrooms are getting bigger, but they still have not split or created more tho. My gsp is starting to grow pretty fast, just like what most people said it would. 

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also, a while ago, WV Reefer gave me a monti frag and it was slowly declining. But now something must’ve changed and it stopped declining and it’s starting to grow back it’s polyps and skin.

I will get pictures later when I get home

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I like the dimensions of the breeders and the 45 long. It's all personal choice. Or go for a 50? 

I love my SCA 50 with the sump. So flexible to do stuff in the extra sump space. I got my whole kit on amazon. Free shipping with prime.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

I love my SCA 50 with the sump. So flexible to do stuff in the extra sump space. I got my whole kit on amazon. Free shipping with prime.

How much did you pay?

ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

How much did you pay?

It seems like a chunk but it comes with a Skimmer, the pump and the hoses so technically unless you want to be anal and plumb it your own way, you shouldn’t have to buy anything but your lighting and a screen cover.

64CED7D8-7090-4018-BB2F-D39711460BCE.png

ECLS Reefer

It's been a great tank so far and easy to manage. I did the plumbing myself, and I used the Orbit light system I had on my Evo tank, as well as the wave pumps. Since then I added a second Orbit light strip and two more wave pumps. I'm going to save money and someday get myself ONE light to do the job I now have 3 doing, because it may look intimidating but really it bothers my Feng Shue. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It's been a great tank so far and easy to manage. I did the plumbing myself, and I used the Orbit light system I had on my Evo tank, as well as the wave pumps. Since then I added a second Orbit light strip and two more wave pumps. I'm going to save money and someday get myself ONE light to do the job I now have 3 doing, because it may look intimidating but really it bothers my Feng Shue. 

I really love that tank, but I’m afraid that may be a little much to ask my family to get for me for my birthday. 

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I really love that tank, but I’m afraid that may be a little much to ask my family to get for me for my birthday. 

Tell them if they really love you they'll get you that beautiful tank so the whole family can enjoy it 😂😂. Worth a shot right??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
7 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It's a chunk of cash definitely. I was happy to find that deal on Amazon because it ended up being more than what the biocubes offer in gallon size and had a sump. I really wanted a real sump for the flexibility of having a "working area" so to speak, out of sight.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
19 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It's a chunk of cash definitely. I was happy to find that deal on Amazon because it ended up being more than what the biocubes offer in gallon size and had a sump. I really wanted a real sump for the flexibility of having a "working area" so to speak, out of sight.

Yea the only problem is that my parents are gonna help me get a car here soon, so they’ll have to pay a little bit for that too. I’m paying 4000 of my own money, but I want a nicer car, so they are gonna help with that. So I don’t want to ask for something too much

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Yea the only problem is that my parents are gonna help me get a car here soon, so they’ll have to pay a little bit for that too. I’m paying 4000 of my own money, but I want a nicer car, so they are gonna help with that. So I don’t want to ask for something too much

Fish tank is way better than a car 🤗

• Like 1
  • Haha 2