Top Shelf Aquatics

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

How many and how bad are the dead spots? I'm pretty sure any tank will have some. Just try and minimise it, if you can get rid of it via Turkey baster I wouldnt overly worry. 

Is the watchman still going strong? You should seriously submit one of those shots to the photo contest as well btw

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I really like this one on the right, but it’s a bit more than what I want to pay for😂. It looks like molten lava

D56700D3-979F-452C-AD9B-D5976ACD215A.png

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Ratvan said:

How many and how bad are the dead spots? I'm pretty sure any tank will have some. Just try and minimise it, if you can get rid of it via Turkey baster I wouldnt overly worry. 

Is the watchman still going strong? You should seriously submit one of those shots to the photo contest as well btw

Oh really? You think that it was good enough for that? How do I do that? Which photo should I submit? The watchman is also going very strong. He likes to cuddle with my hand, I’ve never seen a goby like that😂. He’s a cute goby

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

`Tank looks great 🙂 Jerry too 😛

Thank you very much, I would not be where I’m at without everyone’s help. You all have helped me so much. I probably would have shut down my tank my tank a long time ago if it wasn’t for everyone’s support.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I was actually planning on buying a jaboe crossflow wavemaker. Would that help?

Jebao is not that reliable. If you can afford it check out the IM wavelink wavemaker. The desktop size will be more than enougj and costs around 99$

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Melfy77 said:

Jebao is not that reliable. If you can afford it check out the IM wavelink wavemaker. The desktop size will be more than enougj and costs around 99$

Alright, I’ll check it out. That’s about the same price as the Jaboa crossflow anyway 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Ok, I submitted a shot of crystal my watchman😂

I would appreciate it if you voted for me😂

Unless your running against me obviously😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Hopefully next months contest would be for crabs. Jerry might have a chance at winning, but I know that tamberav and his clown crab will put a run in for Jerrys money😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Oh really? You think that it was good enough for that? How do I do that? Which photo should I submit? The watchman is also going very strong. He likes to cuddle with my hand, I’ve never seen a goby like that😂. He’s a cute goby

The exact one I would have said. Great photo mate

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Alright, I’ll check it out. That’s about the same price as the Jaboa crossflow anyway 

I love mine! Tiny but powerful! And super quiet!!!

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
25 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

I love mine! Tiny but powerful! And super quiet!!!

Is it powerful enough for a 29 gallon tank?

Just now, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Is it powerful enough for a 29 gallon tank?

I run mine at the 2nd speed out of 9 😉 my tank is a lagoon 25g so 24 inches long. And it's wider than yours. Even at 30 inches long it'd be more than enough IMO 😉

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
3 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I run mine at the 2nd speed out of 9 😉 my tank is a lagoon 25g so 24 inches long. And it's wider than yours. Even at 30 inches long it'd be more than enough IMO 😉

Ok, awesome

36 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Is there a certain gph I should look for? They have different gph for each one

Mine is the IM Wavelink DC flow pump desktop. it's the 1500gph per hour. That one is 99$ at marine depot. The bigger one is the midsize one but the desktop size will be perfect for your tank 🙂 https://www.marinedepot.com/wavelink-dc-flow-pump-1500-gph-auqa-gadget-desktop-innovative-marine

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
15 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

Mine is the IM Wavelink DC flow pump desktop. it's the 1500gph per hour. That one is 99$ at marine depot. The bigger one is the midsize one but the desktop size will be perfect for your tank 🙂 https://www.marinedepot.com/wavelink-dc-flow-pump-1500-gph-auqa-gadget-desktop-innovative-marine

Ok, thanks. And this will be able to get most of the dead spots?

22 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Ok, thanks. And this will be able to get most of the dead spots?

It will help for sure! You will have to play with it to find the perfect spot! Then I suggest you take one of your powerhead and put it near the surface to provide some nice water flow on top😉

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Ok, so I’m having an issue that is kinda serious. All of that algae that I ordered has almost disappeared completely. There is one thing left and it has no leaves and it’s almost see through. I don’t know what happened to the algae. My watchman I know was quite interesting in it and kept trying to grab it to make it a part of his nest, so he could’ve possibly of gotten a hold of it.

4 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Ok, so I’m having an issue that is kinda serious. All of that algae that I ordered has almost disappeared completely. There is one thing left and it has no leaves and it’s almost see through. I don’t know what happened to the algae. My watchman I know was quite interesting in it and kept trying to grab it to make it a part of his nest, so he could’ve possibly of gotten a hold of it.

When I lost my Macro's it was due to a lack of nutrients, they went pale and translucent 

Took it out after that

On 7/17/2019 at 3:10 PM, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Hopefully next months contest would be for crabs. Jerry might have a chance at winning, but I know that tamberav and his clown crab will put a run in for Jerrys money😂

Tamberav is a she......not he    😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2