ReefCleaners.org

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Last night was the first time that I have target fed my corals, using a mixture of crushed up scallops and mysis. They seem to love it, and later today I will post pictures of what they look like now so you can see their progress when they grow later.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I’m also just a little concerned about my nem. Anytime I try to feed him, he will grab onto the food, but won’t eat it? I’ve fed him mysis and scallops, he doesn’t want either. I read online that long tentacle nems are one of the few nems that get almost all of there energy from light, is this true? Is this why he won’t eat?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I’m also just a little concerned about my nem. Anytime I try to feed him, he will grab onto the food, but won’t eat it? I’ve fed him mysis and scallops, he doesn’t want either. I read online that long tentacle nems are one of the few nems that get almost all of there energy from light, is this true? Is this why he won’t eat?

Stop feeding it lol they dont need to be bothered that much dude,feed 1-2× a month really, just leave it be. If its mouth is closed and its not floating around aimlessly just let it settle in. 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
41 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Stop feeding it lol they dont need to be bothered that much dude,feed 1-2× a month really, just leave it be. If its mouth is closed and its not floating around aimlessly just let it settle in. 

I haven’t fed it since I got it, last night was the first time. I got him a week ago.

57 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I haven’t fed it since I got it, last night was the first time. I got him a week ago.

Ah that musta been the other lta then my bad,but all the same,let it alone man. It doesnt need to eat anything. Honestly like @WV Reefersaid alot of feeding can be handled by stirring the sand bed,that should suffice for now.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
55 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Ah that musta been the other lta then my bad,but all the same,let it alone man. It doesnt need to eat anything. Honestly like @WV Reefersaid alot of feeding can be handled by stirring the sand bed,that should suffice for now.

He’s a pretty big sized nem, he’s maybe the size of a volleyball. A little smaller. I don’t know if the sand bed will suffice for this nem😂. And yes, that was the other nem, but he got caught in the wavemaker😢

4 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

He’s a pretty big sized nem, he’s maybe the size of a volleyball. A little smaller. I don’t know if the sand bed will suffice for this nem😂. And yes, that was the other nem, but he got caught in the wavemaker😢

I gotcha,do what ya want bro,but its not taking the food cause its not hungry,and trying to settle in. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, pgrVII said:

I gotcha,do what ya want bro,but its not taking the food cause its not hungry,and trying to settle in. 

Yea, I’m not gonna feed him for a while. I’ll give him time

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Update, I was finally able to get all of that nasty algae off of the front glass. Tank looks a lot better😁

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now I need to start on the back wall

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Update, I was finally able to get all of that nasty algae off of the front glass. Tank looks a lot better😁

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now I need to start on the back wall

Yay!!!! We can see! 😁

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I used a old Dairy Queen gift card, worked well😁

Thinking outside the box! I like it. 😁

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 hours ago, Friendly said:

just be careful once you have fish in there...some have sharp teeth and get nippy!

The only thing that has ever nipped at me was my maroon clown, and he never actually hurt

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I think my chalice is already starting to grow, I notice a few small green polyps that I didn’t notice when I got him.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I actually just noticed something about my pocillopora. He’s missing a bit of flesh and polyps on a few of his stalks? And yes, that’s a little bit if cyano on him bc that’s where the peppermint shrimp got him. I’m trying to keep it off, but it’s hard without damaging him. Anyone know what could be causing it? What should be my course of action?

image.jpg

I got rid of the peppermint shrimp

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Here’s a pic of my blue discosoma just so he doesn’t feel left out

image.jpg

image.jpg

He’s not as big as usual bc I had to move him

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

So my pocillopora is starting to look a bit better, I think I just need to give it more time.

I also ordered a small dragon soul favia and 3 mystery corals from saltcritters. I like a little mystery in my life. 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Can someone tell me what they use to get there pictures to look so great? I’ve just been using my phone and iPad, and they don’t look amazing.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Can someone tell me what they use to get there pictures to look so great? I’ve just been using my phone and iPad, and they don’t look amazing.

Some people use apps on their phone or computer. Some use gel filters to achieve the proper color. 

mitten_reef

An old DSLR camera for me, in-camera white balance does a good job.  

Adobe Lightroom app for iOS has a pretty good white balance function and a few other adjustments included with the free version.  

• Like 2