Cultivated Reef

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Leopard wrasse is doing great. My watchman loves to pose for pictures😂. Jerry found a hole to hide in. It’s not even much of a hole😂. My carpet is also still looking slightly bleached. Idk why, bc everything else in the tank is doing amazing. It still eats anything that lands on it. It’s just the part closest to the light is slightly bleached.

2EE63AD6-555A-4C96-97C2-2A3B037F9DA1.jpeg

8D34EFEF-37B7-4CBE-89F3-767276E22835.jpeg

995D7A6D-4188-4B63-BB2D-F6D24DA09EB7.jpeg

FD62245A-3139-4245-A400-677686569EAD.jpeg

1353CBFF-4973-4209-A161-ABB322067B63.jpeg

35725744-CE32-4B29-AB25-05C68353AB1B.jpeg

BEDE1E0B-D1C0-4410-B75D-9905AB9E8CB3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

My clown was poking his head out of the water expecting food when I was trying to get a picture😂. Also, what’s the thing that almost looks like somethings eggs on my acan?

4CF42E6F-D041-42BB-AFFD-2CA465EF7FC3.jpeg

9437B755-992F-435A-920D-2F7DC6A198EA.jpeg

36A72686-DFF0-4ACF-9EB8-27910A933834.jpeg

18536BD4-5599-4D66-9EA4-540FCBF0A6F4.jpeg

4ADC465E-22B6-4685-B7F3-950FA5E31FA4.jpeg

3C3294EB-B2C8-42EB-89D7-DD1CDD24418B.jpeg

This picture was from 2 weeks ago. 

D7D70530-4370-428F-B2B0-A461EFEFE940.jpeg

• Like 4

I've been peeking in on this thread every once in awhile ever since I joined N-R in March, and I have to say that things really are looking super great in here. Excellent job with this system! It has come a long way.

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
28 minutes ago, billygoat said:

I've been peeking in on this thread every once in awhile ever since I joined N-R in March, and I have to say that things really are looking super great in here. Excellent job with this system! It has come a long way.

Thank you very much, I finally got a hang of this. But to be honest, it was a big struggle a lot of the time, with algae blooms almost every 3 days. But I was patient and was able to overcome it

55 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Great progress! With whatever happened to Jerry, you have done such a wonderful job caring for the little guy; I'm glad he's found some more cover, too.

Jerry has been doing great. Found a spot for himself to hide and eats like a pig. Only problem is, he hasn’t tried to molt since I got him. He’s still missing his 3 legs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

My clown was poking his head out of the water expecting food when I was trying to get a picture😂. Also, what’s the thing that almost looks like somethings eggs on my acan?

4CF42E6F-D041-42BB-AFFD-2CA465EF7FC3.jpeg

9437B755-992F-435A-920D-2F7DC6A198EA.jpeg

36A72686-DFF0-4ACF-9EB8-27910A933834.jpeg

18536BD4-5599-4D66-9EA4-540FCBF0A6F4.jpeg

4ADC465E-22B6-4685-B7F3-950FA5E31FA4.jpeg

3C3294EB-B2C8-42EB-89D7-DD1CDD24418B.jpeg

This picture was from 2 weeks ago. 

D7D70530-4370-428F-B2B0-A461EFEFE940.jpeg

Gorgeous photos and livestock again. I think the Acan might be starting to get its sweepers out (oh er missus) in that photo.? 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Gorgeous photos and livestock again. I think the Acan might be starting to get its sweepers out (oh er missus) in that photo.? 

Maybe, that could be a possibility. I’m also confused with this acan, I’ve had it for like 8 months now and it still has not grown a new head. I know why it wasn’t growing at first, bc my flow was too much for the acan. It was always shriveled up and when it was open, it was flapping all over the place. 

That’s what happened to my green acan a while back that literally popped out of the skeleton. The polyp jugs popped out 

1 minute ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Maybe, that could be a possibility. I’m also confused with this acan, I’ve had it for like 8 months now and it still has not grown a new head. I know why it wasn’t growing at first, bc my flow was too much for the acan. It was always shriveled up and when it was open, it was flapping all over the place. 

That’s what happened to my green acan a while back that literally popped out of the skeleton. The polyp jugs popped out 

Wish I could help, I want to try some out soon

Completely off the point what wattage is your heater?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
5 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Wish I could help, I want to try some out soon

Completely off the point what wattage is your heater?

I honestly can’t remember, it’s been so long. All I remember is that I bought it from my lfs and it was meant for a 30 gallon tank 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

So I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I went to a garage sale and I found a macro lens camera for my iPhone for 5 bucks. So I should be getting some way better pictures now. The bad news is that cyano seems to be coming back. I see the red slime starting to appear on my sand bed. Right as I get rid of one algae problem, something else surfaces. One of my problems may be flow. I’ve only been using my filter as flow right now, bc I had to turn of my two wave makers, bc my long tentacle nem lately has decided that it wants a new home. So I do not have any wave makers as of right now. I’m looking to buy a new wavemaker, one that I can put a guard over to protect my nems, but I’m extremely low on cash right now. I just bought a Dodge Charger and I’ve been paying for gas as well as insurance and I have no leftover money. Would anyone have any leftover wavemaker that they are not using and want to get rid of that they wouldn’t mind selling for like 50 bucks? That’s about all I have. One that I could put a guard over would be nice too.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

So I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I went to a garage sale and I found a macro lens camera for my iPhone for 5 bucks. So I should be getting some way better pictures now. The bad news is that cyano seems to be coming back. I see the red slime starting to appear on my sand bed. Right as I get rid of one algae problem, something else surfaces. One of my problems may be flow. I’ve only been using my filter as flow right now, bc I had to turn of my two wave makers, bc my long tentacle nem lately has decided that it wants a new home. So I do not have any wave makers as of right now. I’m looking to buy a new wavemaker, one that I can put a guard over to protect my nems, but I’m extremely low on cash right now. I just bought a Dodge Charger and I’ve been paying for gas as well as insurance and I have no leftover money. Would anyone have any leftover wavemaker that they are not using and want to get rid of that they wouldn’t mind selling for like 50 bucks? That’s about all I have. One that I could put a guard over would be nice too.

The cyano is because of the low flow.......once you get it back up and running the cyano will go away.

The corals look great and your pics are much better. 😊 Good Job!

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

How about DIY anemone box until you can get a RFG? That way you can keep the wave makers running

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-anemone-basket.351363/

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

How about DIY anemone box until you can get a RFG? That way you can keep the wave makers running

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-anemone-basket.351363/

I wasn’t even considering that. I may have to try that.

It’s just for my huge long tentacle nem, my carpet never moves, it has never moved once. He loves his spot. So how could I make something big enough for him?

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Question, could there be a reason that my mushrooms aren’t multiplying? They are growing in size, but they aren’t multiplying at all. I know that stuff is growing in my tank, but those aren’t for some reason and usually those are supposed to grow like crazy. All of my zoas are multiplying like cockroaches. The Granny Smith zoas have multiplied from a 5 polyp frag to about a 15 polyp frag. Same with the red ones I have and the nirvana zoas. The gsp is also growing really well. Could it just be the kinda mushrooms I have? They are the more rare mushrooms out there, could that be a reason? Ones a jawbreaker, and the other is a green and gold leopard shroom. 

Is there anything that I can add to make stuff grow faster? I’m already doing 25% water changes every week. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Question, could there be a reason that my mushrooms aren’t multiplying? They are growing in size, but they aren’t multiplying at all. I know that stuff is growing in my tank, but those aren’t for some reason and usually those are supposed to grow like crazy. All of my zoas are multiplying like cockroaches. The Granny Smith zoas have multiplied from a 5 polyp frag to about a 15 polyp frag. Same with the red ones I have and the nirvana zoas. The gsp is also growing really well. Could it just be the kinda mushrooms I have? They are the more rare mushrooms out there, could that be a reason? Ones a jawbreaker, and the other is a green and gold leopard shroom. 

Is there anything that I can add to make stuff grow faster? I’m already doing 25% water changes every week. 

Possibly, my Yuma's take over my tank. My Discosoma and Rhodactis have done nothing. Maybe try increasing the light exposure if you can?

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Possibly, my Yuma's take over my tank. My Discosoma and Rhodactis have done nothing. Maybe try increasing the light exposure if you can?

9 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

My discoma has dropped two babies...it's taken a while like 6 months lol.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Different mushrooms grow at different rates. This is what keeps some of them more 'rare'. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
15 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Different mushrooms grow at different rates. This is what keeps some of them more 'rare'. 

Yea, that was my theory. That’s what I originally thought.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Ok, so I’m having a minor inconvenience. For some reason cyano has started to show up again. I have no idea why? It’s really annoying. I tested the water and everything is where it should be. Perams are all normal for my tank. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Ok, so I’m having a minor inconvenience. For some reason cyano has started to show up again. I have no idea why? It’s really annoying. I tested the water and everything is where it should be. Perams are all normal for my tank. 

I feel your pain, came in this morning to another outbreak of GHA myself 

• Like 1