Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is this dinoflagellates

William

Looks to be the type I had. I beat them down to about 98% gone before I moved from that tank to my current one and they are 100% gone now. 

I did a lot of work attacking them for a month straight. 

28 minutes ago, 05XRunner said:

Looks to be the type I had. I beat them down to about 98% gone before I moved from that tank to my current one and they are 100% gone now. 

I did a lot of work attacking them for a month straight. 

What method did you use, nitrate is 0 right now. 

Started 

5 day blackout. Wrapped tank and all. 

Dosed h2o2 1ml per 10g twice a day. 

Dosed microbacter7 daily during blackout. 

Then started dosing dr Tim waste away daily for 10 days. And eco balance in between. 

Sucked out 85% of my sand. 

Started dosing nitrate and phosphate and not even measure. Got it to N-20ppm and pho’s .2

then 20 day cycle of dinox 

last was coral snow I made from calcium carbonate I would dose at night and morning when lights out to try bing ones in water column. At that point I had maybe 2 strands left in the entire tank. 

So far I have dosed vibrant and MB7, this tank is at my friends apt which makes treatment more difficult (he travels for work). I’m going to set up NO3 on a doser and start up a auto fish feeder. I’ll likely pull the biopellet reactor off line and run extra carbon

I did a 1 day black out and dosed calcium carbonate (DIY coral snow) at night which took care of it, I see it in the floss now and again but not in the DT. My nutrients also came up a bit on their own. I attacked mine before they got out of hand though.