Innovative Marine Aquariums

Forum Lurker

Mackdee

Hi everyone,

My name is Angel and I have been lurking these forums forever, I finally worked up the courage to make an account and start up my own nano reef tank.

I have been intrigued by the idea for years and have read multiple books as well as watched thousands of videos on youtube. 

I am finally going to start up a 10 gallon reef tank and make the long term commitment. 

Hopefully all this lurking and research pays off

Best Regards

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Mackdee said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Angel and I have been lurking these forums forever, I finally worked up the courage to make an account and start up my own nano reef tank.

I have been intrigued by the idea for years and have read multiple books as well as watched thousands of videos on youtube. 

I am finally going to start up a 10 gallon reef tank and make the long term commitment. 

Hopefully all this lurking and research pays off

Best Regards

Welcome to NR! 😀

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @Mackdee! 👋

We love our lurkers (hi to others out there!), but I’m glad you decided to join in and share, it’s gonna be fun!

When did you first hear of a nano reefs? Have you kept freshwater aquariums previously? 

• Like 3
On 2/7/2019 at 5:34 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome to the community @Mackdee! 👋

We love our lurkers (hi to others out there!), but I’m glad you decided to join in and share, it’s gonna be fun!

When did you first hear of a nano reefs? Have you kept freshwater aquariums previously? 

The most recent tank I had was a 40g Tropical set up with few Angel Fish. When I moved I tore it down and gave it away.

Looking for something that is going to pop. (Beginner set up ofc)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was a lurker too! It is intimidating to actually participate.... 

Good luck with your nano, it will be fun to see your plan and stock.

I love my 55 gallon tropical set-up, my angel Shadow is too fabulous!

• Like 1
On 2/9/2019 at 10:56 PM, Mackdee said:

The most recent tank I had was a 40g Tropical set up with few Angel Fish. When I moved I tore it down and gave it away.

Looking for something that is going to pop. (Beginner set up ofc)

Welcome! There are plenty of easy, beginner corals that can really pop! Softies are really easy to look after and have a lot of colour variations like zoanthids or mushroom corals. Good luck!

@Mackdee and @leighla, I also lurked a long time before I ever posted and in fact I had been keeping reef tanks quite a while.  I was intimidated because I did things old school and didn't know anything about leds, controllers and I wasn't very internet savvy.  I managed to get myself reprimanded and temporarily banished from one forum because I did not know how to post a for sale and I did not post a price.  Not wanting to over price the item I asked what an appropriate price would be and that was it...I was banished.  Even now 7 years later my infractions are on that forum to remind me of my sins, LOL.  (Ha ha, I still mostly only lurk on that forum).  As it turned out everyone here was wonderful and I have now been enjoying this community for quite some time.  There are so many helpful knowledgeable folks here who want to help.  Welcome, we are glad that you are here.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, vlangel said:

@Mackdee and @leighla, I also lurked a long time before I ever posted and in fact I had been keeping reef tanks quite a while.  I was intimidated because I did things old school and didn't know anything about leds, controllers and I wasn't very internet savvy.  I managed to get myself reprimanded and temporarily banished from one forum because I did not know how to post a for sale and I did not post a price.  Not wanting to over price the item I asked what an appropriate price would be and that was it...I was banished.  Even now 7 years later my infractions are on that forum to remind me of my sins, LOL.  (Ha ha, I still mostly only lurk on that forum).  As it turned out everyone here was wonderful and I have now been enjoying this community for quite some time.  There are so many helpful knowledgeable folks here who want to help.  Welcome, we are glad that you are here.

That's what I like about this forum more than other reef forums, people here are more forgiving of simple mistakes and people here push the envelope a little more since we have smaller tanks. So, in general people here are more supportive, patient and kind....not me though, I'm a dick. 😂

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, Coinee said:

That's what I like about this forum more than other reef forums, people here are more forgiving of simple mistakes and people here push the envelope a little more since we have smaller tanks. So, in general people here are more supportive, patient and kind....not me though, I'm a dick. 😂

Dick? i thot your name was Coinee...  🤨

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Friendly said:

you really have to think of something more original WV, this is getting old...  🤣

kidding!!!

What can I say, I’m friendly. 😄

• Like 1