inTank Media Baskets

Spec-tacular Fluval spec v

ronix

Christopher Marks

Wow it's filling in fast @ronix, nice work! That purple torch is so cool, I don't think I've ever come across one in person yet.

The hydro flow is a nice improvement to flow, that's great you're already seeing a response from the coral. Have you seen the Vivid Creative Aquatics random flow generator nozzle? Similar idea, but no moving parts.

13 hours ago, ramona said:

You have a very nice little tank. May I ask what is your light setting ?

its the kessil A150W so there are no adjustments, I'm keeping my eye out for maybe an A160 or something I can adjust a bit more. I find this light a bit too blue.

13 hours ago, KISReef said:

Great advice!!!!! IMO, since the tank is only 5 gallons it's a no brainer. But, people are going to do whatever they want. You "might" get away with it in a fish only tank, but a Reef Tank? Well see, I hope it all goes well. 

I installed an RO/DI Buddie in my basement, so from now on top offs, and water changes will be with RO/DI water :) 

12 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow it's filling in fast @ronix, nice work! That purple torch is so cool, I don't think I've ever come across one in person yet.

The hydro flow is a nice improvement to flow, that's great you're already seeing a response from the coral. Have you seen the Vivid Creative Aquatics random flow generator nozzle? Similar idea, but no moving parts.

Yeah I think I am done coral shopping for awhile, just watch it grow! I haven't herd of that brand, but I will look into it now. Sounds like a much better option.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, ronix said:

its the kessil A150W so there are no adjustments, I'm keeping my eye out for maybe an A160 or something I can adjust a bit more. I find this light a bit too blue.

I installed an RO/DI Buddie in my basement, so from now on top offs, and water changes will be with RO/DI water 🙂

^Installing the RODI Buddie is a great move, I'm sure it will help you in the long run.

Tanks looks great, keep it up!

-D

This torch just keeps growing! I had to move some zoas that kept getting stung. Going to pop into the LFS tomorrow, hoping to find a Pom Pom crab and a anemone crab to add some entertainment. 

Im going away on a diving trip in March, once I’m back I’ll look into getting one true perc clown fish. 

9DE322C4-E732-4A6E-BFB0-5AD5046E5592.jpeg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ronix said:

So I’m pretty excited about this new coral I won in a raffle. It’s a WC OG bounce mushroom! Apparently it’s a pricey item :)

C0058B6A-1E90-4839-95BC-0FC1AD600EEC.jpeg

Is it just me or are frags getting smaller and smaller these days? 

Maybe the plugs are just getting larger:huh:? Damm!

7 hours ago, KISReef said:

Is it just me or are frags getting smaller and smaller these days? 

Maybe the plugs are just getting larger:huh:? Damm!

I think this is a bit of both. That is a big frag plug too!

• 2 weeks later...

Got home from vacation and decided to add some action to the tank. One clown fish and a tiny fire shrimp. I’d usually go cleaner shrink but here we are. Also added a ric and a frag of blue hornet zoas :)

29F0C0DE-4A6F-4AC5-8F2C-350DE8C1131A.jpeg

DE14A1EA-F459-4149-9BD1-A94048385D95.jpeg

8680530D-85E4-4431-BE97-70682D876A5A.jpeg

C65514AB-6D56-4669-B77B-760EE975C176.jpeg

159241E5-BF63-4554-9846-7AC9D3955566.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...