inTank Media Baskets

hi everyone

cathy

25 minutes ago, Mazzy21 said:

For those asking about the tank, you can buy one from Wish (or probably any of those other internet 'random discounted things' sites as well).

bayshore aquarium is who makes them, well at least in the size I have. I think everyone else gets the tanks from them. amazon included 

• 8 months later...
righttirefire
On 2/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, cathy said:

bayshore aquarium is who makes them, well at least in the size I have. I think everyone else gets the tanks from them. amazon included 

Whats going on with this tank?

what do you mean? the one big problem i have is the light blew out and i can’t find another one. i need a F5 10,000K 28 watt 4 ft. i can only find them in 54 watt so just now starting a problem with algea. So far I’m keeping on top of it but I know it’s because I put the brighter light in. Amazon had the lightbulbs I ordered twice and they came shattered both times. Anyway other than that I do love the tank and it still doing well

24 minutes ago, cathy said:

what do you mean? the one big problem i have is the light blew out and i can’t find another one. i need a F5 10,000K 28 watt 4 ft. i can only find them in 54 watt so just now starting a problem with algea. So far I’m keeping on top of it but I know it’s because I put the brighter light in. Amazon had the lightbulbs I ordered twice and they came shattered both times. Anyway other than that I do love the tank and it still doing well

Would a LED fit like the orbit? I believe they are controllable so you could dim it.

it has to be that specific bulb because the fixture is behind the tank and behind the wall so can’t change it. The owner of bayshore aquariums has ZERO customer service. she was rude and wouldn’t help me find a bulb even though she is the one that send this lighting fixture with the tank. i’ll keep searching. i still get tons of compliments on the tank though 🙂

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, cathy said:

it has to be that specific bulb because the fixture is behind the tank and behind the wall so can’t change it. The owner of bayshore aquariums has ZERO customer service. she was rude and wouldn’t help me find a bulb even though she is the one that send this lighting fixture with the tank. i’ll keep searching. i still get tons of compliments on the tank though 🙂

That is disappointing that she wasn't helpful. Sounds like amazon needs to pack better or something because I order my bulbs online without issue.

Most of us here run powerful reef lighting and keep algae away with regular maintenance and a good cuc. My tuxedo urchin loves algae.

Your tank is so unque that giving advice would be difficult!! But for the most part we just clean or stir the sand with the 5-10 percent change of water weekly..and use disposable floss instead of sponges which are changed twice a week.

I hope you are able to figure something out as your tank is a really fun one 🙂

righttirefire
58 minutes ago, cathy said:

I was just thinking about it this morning. Wondering if it was still up and running and growing. And since it wasnt updated in the last 8 month i thought maybe you'd gone inactive.