ReefCleaners.org

Project: Caribbean Lagoon

righttirefire

righttirefire

The mp10 arrived. And spite the shipper i opened up the unit and reinstalled the rf module which separated from the contacts. 

Wonderful packing job i might add...

20190212_155609.jpg

20190212_155504.jpg

• Haha 1

Sounds like an awesome build, I also have a half disassembled duo. Idk how to wire led's but going to try and fix it..... somehow. I want to stick it over my frag tank. 

righttirefire
6 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Sounds like an awesome build, I also have a half disassembled duo. Idk how to wire led's but going to try and fix it..... somehow. I want to stick it over my frag tank. 

Pm me. Ill help

Its easy peasy... and Dave is a huge help

57 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Pm me. Ill help

Its easy peasy... and Dave is a huge help

Thanks, I will try and dig it out this week. 

Also that packing material is honestly perfect... instead of filling up a landfill with Styrofoam you can fill up your belly and make a 💩

righttirefire
10 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Thanks, I will try and dig it out this week. 

Also that packing material is honestly perfect... instead of filling up a landfill with Styrofoam you can fill up your belly and make a 💩

Its going to the landfill. The boxes were soaked in grease. I couldnt be happier with my nanoboxs. Id buy more if i knew when i was going to upgrade

9 hours ago, righttirefire said:

Its going to the landfill. The boxes were soaked in grease. I couldnt be happier with my nanoboxs. Id buy more if i knew when i was going to upgrade

You ate them already :lol:

Figured I would post in here before I get to the shit show.................

• Haha 1
righttirefire
Just now, spectra said:

You ate them already :lol:

Figured I would post in here before I get to the shit show.................

The cantina is the place to be. I threw away the greasy ass cheeto fries. Grab a couple beers

• Like 2
1 hour ago, righttirefire said:

Baby bull shark preordered. Hopefully the tank will be cycled before July. Looking forward to this unique stocking opportunity

Outstanding work sir!

1 hour ago, righttirefire said:

Baby bull shark preordered. Hopefully the tank will be cycled before July. Looking forward to this unique stocking opportunity

Hopefully you have the tank by then...........:lol:

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
righttirefire

It's HERE!

Picked up the tank yesterday morning. The princess still wasnt happy about it, but it's here now. So a major garage clean up took place, once the garage was mostly sorted the tank got unloaded and a vinegar bath. The stand got moved into its potential location.

20190324_092501.jpg

20190324_092430.jpg

• Like 4

Can't wait to see this tank! I love to see different people's takes on the same regional biotope, and the different stocking options that each reefer chooses. It's a cool and exciting aspect of the hobby.

I'll be following along 😄 

• Like 1

I just got a pearly jawfish about a week ago and he/she is great. When i first put her in the tank she hid until after the lights turned off. She built 4 burrows, and hides in the one ride in the front of the tank. I would get a turkey baster to feed it because they won't venture far from their burrow for food. Can't wait to see this build! Best of luck

• Thanks 1
righttirefire

Current thought is which live rock to go with.

Kp Aquatics

Gulf-live rock

Tampa bay live rock

Im heavily leaning toward KP, but they are the most expensive. 

I cant remember which one but they had the oldest stash of rock in the water.

Im looking to bring in the macros and whatever corals hitchhike in.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Kp Aquatics

Gulf-live rock

Tampa bay live rock

I had this same dilemma, and ended up going with gulfliverock. I can't say for sure that this was the best decision, but the option I decided on (their "coralline" live rock, which is apparently not as mature as their "premium" variety) ended up having a much larger variety of life on it than I expected. Besides having nearly total encrustation of coralline algae on many pieces, it also came in with a bunch of macros, sponges, tunicates, and several SPS corals. It's also pretty affordable and ships right to your door.

That being said it could easily be the case that Tampa Bay or Kp have the better rock, as GLR is the only uncured rock I've tried so far. But I was definitely not disappointed with my choice.

28 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Kp Aquatics

Gulf-live rock

Tampa bay live rock

For what it's worth, I went through this thought process myself and decided on Tampa bay live rock due to prior experience being very positive. That said, I plan on having a few weeks dedicated to pulling out any pests (e.g. gorilla crabs, worms, etc) 🤷‍♂️

righttirefire

I plan dealing with "pests" that was the most fun we had setting up our first tank with "cured" wet rock. The copepods and stars coming out of the rock. So looking forward to that

righttirefire

Its in the house and level. Still a little away from water. Going to Arizona in a couple weeks I might have it wet and cycling while we're gone, but I'm betting it'll be dry until I get home

@jack1978 its not that difficult.

20190326_153949.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Its in the house and level. Still a little away from water. Going to Arizona in a couple weeks I might have it wet and cycling while we're gone, but I'm betting it'll be dry until I get home

@jack1978 its not that difficult.

20190326_153949.jpg

Cycle it!

3 hours ago, righttirefire said:

Kp Aquatics

Gulf-live rock

Tampa bay live rock

Hopefully a mantis shows to..............I may need one..........

Tampa seems to look good on the net from pics but hey we all know how pics work on the internet...............:lol: