ReefCleaners.org

Project: Caribbean Lagoon

righttirefire

Just now, righttirefire said:

I guess... saves me money.

maybe as I dont think you can buy a new one...........they even sell the lagoons anymore ? I see the ext ones and thats it .

• Like 1
righttirefire
1 minute ago, spectra said:

maybe as I dont think you can buy a new one...........they even sell the lagoons anymore ? I see the ext ones and thats it .

I dont i havent looked. I still have that 20 long and Spectra built stand. The dou will work over that. Thats what i originally bought it for

• Like 1

I dont i havent looked. I still have that 20 long and Spectra built stand. The dou will work over that. Thats what i originally bought it for

But the lagoon is much nicer.........

• Like 1

I don't know that. Its still at your house.

Well bring some money and come get it :lol: even comes with some dead corals and a few live ones..............oh wait I need to ship those to sancho and jack..........

righttirefire
Just now, spectra said:

Well bring some money and come get it :lol: even comes with some dead corals and a few live ones..............oh wait I need to ship those to sancho and jack..........

Lol... I got $7 in my wallet or an 18r of Coors Light, your choice

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Lol... I got $7 in my wallet or an 18r of Coors Light, your choice

sorry that wont cut it.........need to up your game........

• Haha 1
righttirefire
9 hours ago, spectra said:

sorry that wont cut it.........need to up your game........

Oh goodness... i have some legendary coral zoas for you, unless i killed them

• Like 1
righttirefire

Proof of life!

I used the 2 channel pig tail and tested all 4 channels. It works. Needs final assembly and the 4 channel pigtail made.

20190207_200659.jpg

20190207_200643.jpg

20190207_184939.jpg

• Like 4
righttirefire

Testing... the most frustrating part. The 4 channels are functional. The light cycle is matched to the quad. Just waiting on "sunrise".  This is painful. And the wrong delay timing. So back to square one. 

And we're cycling up correctly now. Just 30 more minutes waiting... 

20190209_133441.jpg

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Testing... the most frustrating part. The 4 channels are functional. The light cycle is matched to the quad. Just waiting on "sunrise".  This is painful. And the wrong delay timing. So back to square one. 

And we're cycling up correctly now. Just 30 more minutes waiting... 

20190209_133441.jpg

I got mine on the storm controller also. Not a bad little device honestly. Makes it harder to mess with the settings like I could on my phone wherever I was. 😆

righttirefire
21 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

I got mine on the storm controller also. Not a bad little device honestly. Makes it harder to mess with the settings like I could on my phone wherever I was. 😆

I prefer the storm controller... the tide plus m i have is bluefish and Dave worked on the setting remotely twice for me. There is/was no ramp delay option so all the channels ramp together. I prefer the 1 hour ramp with uv starting first, with blue, cyan, and whites on 10 minute ranp delay intervals. So you get the whites up last and down first. Gives a nice color bounce and fades nicely 

righttirefire

Cleaned up both the ATOs. 3152 and 3155. Both work. The pumps were gummed up. But I have more pumps. Need to find the backing magnets for both floats. The 3155 didnt work well in my sump or the Nuvo 10 so not sure I'll use it on this

• Like 1
righttirefire

I just stumbled across carbisea's west caribbean sand. Im leaning that way now. The particle size is 1mm to 5mm. So its a mix between the oolite and crushed coral and everything in between. I think that might be a good option for the jawfish. Ill need to order sand soon.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

I just stumbled across carbisea's west caribbean sand. Im leaning that way now. The particle size is 1mm to 5mm. So its a mix between the oolite and crushed coral and everything in between. I think that might be a good option for the jawfish. Ill need to order sand soon.

Yea that would look cool. And probably good for the jawfish. I like that youre doing a biotope type tank man very cool.

• Like 1
righttirefire
55 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Yea that would look cool. And probably good for the jawfish. I like that youre doing a biotope type tank man very cool.

I really like rock flowers and was a little upset that i lost so many rfas in the tank move and neglect mode and in the 20 long. So its more a dedicated system for me to enjoy rfas, mangroves and explore different fish

• Like 1
1 minute ago, righttirefire said:

I really like rock flowers and was a little upset that i lost so many rfas in the tank move and neglect mode and in the 20 long. So its more a dedicated system for me to enjoy rfas, mangroves and explore different fish

Yea that's definitely a good plan,especially for this tank. What are the other fish you were thinking?

righttirefire

Im not set yet. Except the jawfish and royal gamma. Ive had bad luck with chalk bass. And some on nano reef just added 3 or so to their tank. I like gobies. Maybe rusty gobies or tiger goby. Little fish to create diversity or a small school of something.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Im not set yet. Except the jawfish and royal gamma. Ive had bad luck with chalk bass. And some on nano reef just added 3 or so to their tank. I like gobies. Maybe rusty gobies or tiger goby. Little fish to create diversity or a small school of something.

All good,itll be cool to see. I enjoy other people's stock list since I keep my tanks fish stock pretty standard. 😆

I actually have a Caribbean biotope myself! I've just upgraded to a 26g from a 8g. 

Never had long term luck keeping a greenbanded goby, not sure why. I may try again with a bigger tank, we will see!

Looking forward to your Caribbean vision! Maybe someday I will post mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
righttirefire
38 minutes ago, melson said:

I actually have a Caribbean biotope myself! I've just upgraded to a 26g from a 8g. 

Never had long term luck keeping a greenbanded goby, not sure why. I may try again with a bigger tank, we will see!

Looking forward to your Caribbean vision! Maybe someday I will post mine.

I've wanted to try live rock from florida or the gulf for a long time, love RFAs, and thought my mangrove was cool until i crushed the roots moving the rocks around and killed it. 

I like species tanks too, but never could get excited about housing 1 species or a biotype. But all the pieces seem to be falling together to try some new livestock with others i really enjoy.

I noticed most the biotypes were cold water systems, but have come across some Caribbean. Id love to see your and learn more about it.

• Like 4