Coral Vue Hydros

Matpea

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have a few of these yellow/blue looking worms on the aquarium glass. I have done the internet search and made best efforts to narrow down what Worm/Larvae these possibly could be.

I am leaning towards flatworm at the moment but can only identify a rounded head u like the shovel shape of a planarian.

My sixline is picking at things from the rockwork as usual but I haven’t seen him go for anything on the glass yet.

Has anyone experienced these little critters before or have any idea what they are before I go and dump chemicals into the system to fight flatworms?

D305463E-C2C8-4442-A942-4874985C8257.jpeg

2C77019E-824D-4283-8CDB-FECF19F93F23.jpeg

• Like 1

I can't tell but there are many algae eating harmless flatworms too before you go dumping chemicals in. That may be what they are doing on your glass.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Matpea said:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have a few of these yellow/blue looking worms on the aquarium glass. I have done the internet search and made best efforts to narrow down what Worm/Larvae these possibly could be.

I am leaning towards flatworm at the moment but can only identify a rounded head u like the shovel shape of a planarian.

My sixline is picking at things from the rockwork as usual but I haven’t seen him go for anything on the glass yet.

Has anyone experienced these little critters before or have any idea what they are before I go and dump chemicals into the system to fight flatworms?

D305463E-C2C8-4442-A942-4874985C8257.jpeg

2C77019E-824D-4283-8CDB-FECF19F93F23.jpeg

I wouldn’t worry too much unless you see a population explosion or see them on your corals. Eventually that Sixline should discover them and munch them down. It took mine awhile to notice them  on the glass. 

• Like 1