Top Shelf Aquatics

new 40Breeder build

05XRunner

So I got tired of the 35 cube shape. Just didnt like the cube style. So i am building this 40B to move to it

Equipment that will be used
Aqueon 40B
Eshopps eclipse S
Icecap 1K gyre
Jebao SW-2
MP10QD
Jebao 1500 return pump
Icecap K2-50 skimmer
Radion XR30 G2 pro possibly replacing with Noopsyche K7 pro II
AS satellite series 30w x2 for supplemental lighting on outer edges
Ehim jager 150w
Jebao 2head doser
BRS 2part
ATO from Autotopoff.com

Holes drilled
46928089161_b0efd97dd2_b.jpgdrill by jon duboy, on Flickr

Plumbed up. I am not into fancy plumbing I just do the basic to make the system work.
31986978597_b49169800d_b.jpgplumb by jon duboy, on Flickr

ABS sheet gluing down
46013823445_6b631e883e_b.jpgabs by jon duboy, on Flickr

Sump
31986978547_5af9e6e387_b.jpgsump by jon duboy, on Flickr

Aquascape
46928089101_e0bb76aae4_b.jpgscape by jon duboy, on Flickr

• Like 2

i had that rock cycling in a bin in my garage for about 2weeks with adding different bacteria in a bottle and going to give it another week or so before I move. I am going to be moving over rocks from the old system but I have been battling Dinos over there and they are knocked down to the point you dont seem them except a very few spots here and there if you look for it. So i am a bit scared to move rocks from there just yet. Hopefully I can take them out enough it wont bloom in the new system

• Like 1

made the move today

I am happy with it and being a larger size tank. The stand can hold all my doser, Reservoirs, ATO and my ATO container. So its nice that you dont see anything really sitting outside the tank

JOND7811.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, JR! said:

this is gonna be epic. calling it now

I hope HAHA

as long as I stay in the hobby long enough. This is probably the longest tank I have kept and its coming up on a year. But I think this one I am gonna stick with it 

• Like 2

they are from as aquarium

http://www.asaquarium.com/index.php/article/index/id/18/cid/3

I am running them basically full blue. my corals where use to alot more par having the XR30 over my 20" cube

I got them on ebay for $130 each

they have a 70w version that was tested and out performed the new 360x from kessil. 

fish street carries the 70w version for $180

https://www.fish-street.com/as-tuna-blue-clone-matrix-led-lighting

• Like 1

its so the tank doesnt have the mirror finish of bare bottom glass and gives the bottom glass some protection from the rocks. Plus it also has very good grip when you put the rocks on it. They dont want to slide anywhere like they would on straight glass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So changed up the lighting. Took the radions and the pendants down. Now I gotta sell them off

but I am running 2 noopsyche k7 pro II  lights. they are 90w each lights. Very happy with how they look and the amount of light they give. Getting around 500 par right above the surface with a 75% blues and 14% white/red/green

here is where I got these lights

https://www.thecoralreeftn.com/

IMG_0486.JPG

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
JaneClifton

Lovely tank, I really enjoy the aquascape and bare bottom!

I have an Aqueon 29 gallon thank that I’m staring. I have an Eshopps Eclipse S as well. However, when I water tested my plumbing I notice that my waterline falls about a half inch or so below the top boarder. How did you manage to keep your water level at/above that border?

I know mine needs some adjustment, the water just pours into the overflow box and straight down the main drain pipe and it’s very noisy. I’m just not sure what would be the best way to correct this.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

You need a gate valve on the drain to close it off enough. the way I run mine is it’s closed off enough just to the top of the emergency overflow and just a very light trickle runs down it. It’s very quiet that way. 

• Like 2