Cultivated Reef

Can I make "rock?"

JurisReefer

I know it likely won't look like real rock, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any reef safe product that I could use to essentially make structures, such as arches, towers, etc. I was thinking something from a big box store's masonry aisle might do the trick, but before I did a deep dive into what's actually in those products, and what is truly reef safe, I thought I'd pose the question to the community. I got the idea from these frag plugs I purchased that appear to be made from some sort of ultra smooth setting cement, poured into a mold.

There was some info that Quick-Crete would work, but I never used it because worried about residual chemicals.

I believe Marco Rock has a cement they sell that would work. Its called "E-Marco 400" - Bulk Reef Supply sells it.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Mark18 said:

I happened to stumble across this last night, given the cure, flush and seed time would need to start a few weeks prior to requiring, the rock however result was impressive.

https://youtu.be/pCXDQpA-KkA

Thats my buddy Ross. I have a few pieces from him in my 90g. 

• Like 1