Top Shelf Aquatics

First w/c in the new house. Almost 💩  my pants. My mag 9.5 didn't start back up, like it always has since the day I bought it. Picked it up out of the return section, and magically it started working again.

Ordering a new return pump asap.

Oh, almost forgot tank stats

Ph unknown havent hooked up probe

Orp unknown havent hooked up probe

Temp 77.6

Sg 1.023

Nitrates 5ppm

Po4 0.02

Calcium 400

22 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Awesome job on the canopy!

Thanks,  I'll feel better when the gaps are filled with wood putty & the feeding lid actually stays closed and not 1/2" open. I just see noob flaws. 

I did watch a brstv YouTube on my new lights. Apparently I nailed spacing and height. But, my prime was only set at like 20%, they ran it at 100%.

But hey, 200 par is 200 par. 

Oh, wired up moonlights, set the timer for 10pm-12pm. I promise it is not that bright.

20201022_220216.jpg

• Like 1

Knocked a bunch of things off the "To Do" list.

Ato is set up and functioning, although I have yet to hook it up to the apex. The fmm is currently running in stand alone mode. Plus, I scored a peice of Ny reefing nostalgia. The container is made by a great local acrylic worker who has since retired.

Completely cleaned the bubble magus c6 and gave it a vinegar wash. Its currently breaking back in.

Ordered 2 reed switches & white led rope for stand lighting. 

20201027_165255.jpg

20201028_185533.jpg

20201029_043856.jpg

Forgot to mention. In the condo, the tank sat above a hot water main raceway (multiple hot water cooper pipes in slab) so I never needed more then a 150 watt heater to keep things warm.

Woke up on the 25th to the tank being 73*. YIKES!!!! Grabbed my spare 300 watt w/c heater and tossed it into the sump in place of the 150. Warmed things right back up, and has since had a max swing of 0.4 degrees

Screenshot_20201029-091217_APEX Fusion.jpg

• 5 months later...

Life has once again turned my little world upside down.

This reef will be taken down and downsized tremendously on or about 4/24/2021.

• Sad 1