Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

• 2 weeks later...

Finally was able to locate the baby watermelon bta. Though it died. Nope. Just been hanging at the top of the reef. 

Did a 8g water change. Bc yesterday's test showed 80ppm nitrates. I dont believe it, but w/c anyway. Time for a new test kit

20200208_161709.jpg

• Like 2

retested with a new test kit nitrates 20ppm. old test kit shows 40ppm.

on the up side, my tank now has a vodka drinking problem. going to be dosing 2ml vodka per day for a week. then testing. so far skimmer hasnt reacted

On 2/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, JBM said:

Added a helping of red gracilari to the refugium.  

Still cant decide what to put in the reactor

Some sort of phosphate remover, I run Seachem's Phosguard in all of mine.

• Thanks 1

had a bit of a panic. check parameters. 120ppm nitrates!?!?!?!???!!!!!!! das fuq? immediately did 2 back to back 15g water changes.

came home today from work to do another 2 15g water changes. grabbed the nitrate kit parameters where <5ppm nitrates.....double das fuq?????

then i had my "whos stupid moment" I used the old nitrate kit last night.

I threw it away, and changed the 15 gallons anyway. not sure if its related. but my orp jumped  60 points from last night from 280 (avergae) to 340 now

• Like 1

Still need to install the ato & mount the pc fans to the sump.

I start 3PM-11pm monday. So hopefully that gives me more time with the reef.

Oh, and I'm out of salt. Calcium levels are still high. But Kh is fine.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey y'all 

Family and I are alive and doing just fine. Sucks being a "essential" employee and forced to work. Havent contracted covid-19 yet. So that's good.

Moving forward. The local Petco is going out of business. Picked up 3 buckets of instant ocean for $40. Also picked up a Kent media reactor for $15.

I'm finding it hard to not buy more tanks as they are 40-60% off

20200328_141950.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Did a 10g water change Friday (4/24)

SG is a little high at 1.028. Gonna have to bring it down a touch.

In other news. I finally installed a few (ok 3) pc fans in the sump and on the stand (2). Finished up the wiring last night. For a total of 5 fans. Updated apex with some new coding. And BOOM! In 8-9 hours I went from 81* to 79*.

I would rather a bunch of notifications from apex about a heater/fan war then no notification at all.

I get a notification if the heater turns on. I also get one when the fan turns on.

20200426_160505.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Wow, haven't been here since April. Sorry for being a crummy member. I bring good tidings though. The wife and I did a thing.

4 bedrooms, 1.5 bath central air.

We close on or about August 20th.

20200722_135959.jpg

• Like 5

15g water change in the books.

Not looking forward to moving this tank.

But, I've been eyeing a certain 8 foot wall in the house.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wife vetoed the tank upgrade. Something about a place to eat, or a breakfront. Idk, stopped listening after "no"  😆

Soooooo.............

Looks like the 80g is getting a lighting upgrade.

A local is selling (2) 8 month old Ai Prime Hd's. Which will allow me to go with a more natural light schedule. Plus I get ramping abilities.

Also, when the tank is moved to its final resting place in the house. It will be switched to a peninsula style and get a hood

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
16 hours ago, JBM said:

Wife vetoed the tank upgrade. Something about a place to eat, or a breakfront. Idk, stopped listening after "no"  😆

Soooooo.............

Looks like the 80g is getting a lighting upgrade.

A local is selling (2) 8 month old Ai Prime Hd's. Which will allow me to go with a more natural light schedule. Plus I get ramping abilities.

Also, when the tank is moved to its final resting place in the house. It will be switched to a peninsula style and get a hood

M would say HELLS YEAH, but it would be her tank, lol. I can see it now, 240g tank with 5000 tetras and gouramis in it.

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

M would say HELLS YEAH, but it would be her tank, lol. I can see it now, 240g tank with 5000 tetras and gouramis in it.

5000 tetras would look amazing though!!!

On 8/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, StinkyBunny said:

About 8 years ago, I bought a 150. Set it up as a fw community tank. PetSmart was having a sale on tetras. For i think $0.50 each.

Walked in, asked for 100 tetras. The kid in the fish section nearly fainted.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:02 AM, Tamberav said:

Congrats on the house!!! 

Tanks alot

On 8/7/2020 at 6:49 PM, FreshwaterFishMan said:

Congrats on the house! And amazing looking tank!

Ty, really. It means alot. To me though, its a work in progress, all I see are the flaws and the ugliness. But, I know where I started, 3 short years ago. Everything has a come a long way. Not just the tank, but my skill level aswell.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Closed on Friday. The deed is done.

Moved the tank today. Its running on apex, with temp probe, heater, return, and circulation pumps. Nothing else at the moment.

Its ugly, and everyone is stressed. So am I. I think I've slept 9 hours total since Friday. Boxes everywhere, but we couldn't be happier.

20200929_165148.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a great deal on a pair of gyre 2k's. Bye bye vortech mp10.

Now running 2 2k's one on each end. And the older 1k right in the middle.

I wanted so badly to get a larger tank, but I just love this tank to much. Perfect dimensions.

So, the tank will finally get sand and a canopy. To alleviate the shitty ai prime mounting solution

20201013_122701.jpg

20201013_114016.jpg

20201013_114008.jpg

• Like 1