Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Netting attached to crossflow, foam guard installed on mp10, new filter sock installed. Clip on fan installed in sump.

Getting on a plane to orlando. First time I'll be away from the tank for more then 12 hours. Moved the echo show into the bedroom so I can watch.  Jesus is taking the wheel. Will be closely monitoring through the apex fusion app.

Screenshot_20191213-092713_Amazon Alexa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

AAANNNNDDDD we had a heater failure. 

Normal running current for the tank is 2-2.25 amps. Got a alarm that amps exceeded 3 amps, turning off heater drops current draw to 1.85-2amps.

Sending my father in law to swap out heaters. Right now, its programmed to turn on and off with .5*

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JBM said:

AAANNNNDDDD we had a heater failure. 

Normal running current for the tank is 2-2.25 amps. Got a alarm that amps exceeded 3 amps, turning off heater drops current draw to 1.85-2amps.

Sending my father in law to swap out heaters. Right now, its programmed to turn on and off with .5*

Get yourself a titanium heater and be done with it. Glass heaters today are garbage. I've had 2 of them fail inside of my "replace at the 2 year mark" rule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Get yourself a titanium heater and be done with it. Glass heaters today are garbage. I've had 2 of them fail inside of my "replace at the 2 year mark" rule.

Ive never had a problem with jaggers, Although its 3 years old. 

I ordered a finnex, neptune needs to come out with a heater.

2 hours ago, JBM said:

Ive never had a problem with jaggers, Although its 3 years old. 

I ordered a finnex, neptune needs to come out with a heater.

Jaegers are all I used to use, 3 failures later, no more.

I was bored this morning. Did a full work up on the tank. Here are the results. Some results taken directly from neptune apex. The rest from api reef master test kit.

Temp 80*

Sg 1.025

Ph 8.05

Orp 254

Nitrates 5ppm

dKh 11.5-12

Calcium 520 ppm or higher

Phosphates 0.1

Still doing a water change tonight or tomorrow. Tank doesnt need it, but I made the sw before testing. Not gonna waste it

• Like 1

Gor bored, did some more programming.

Mp10 & crossflow turns on at 7am and off at 7pm.

Just the mag 9.5 is on 24/7.

Also, placing a order soon for (10) 120mm pc fans, float switches, and a Tom's aqualifter. Gonna put 3 on each stand door, and 3 over the refugium to help with temps. And build a ato

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming up on a year running tank got wet 1/27, Currently looking into ways to minimise water changes and keep nitrates at a respectable level.  Long term id be happy if i had a stable 10ppm nitrates or less. Maybe i'll put the skimmer back in and run purigen

• Like 2

did some sump cleaning. you cant possibly imagine the amount of shi...........................

I mean stuff you accumulate over the course of a year. Made chamber 1 my refugium, chaeto is all but dead. but the caulerpa was starting to take a foothold. Moved my light over. Chamber 2 will become reactor and skimmer section.

• Like 2

I found a cheap container at dollar tree. Nothing that a small piece of pvc pipe and 2 barbed fittings cant fix. Plus A.C.Moore is going out of business. So I bought 6 sheets of knitting mesh.