Abhijit

New Nano Reef

3 hours ago, Firefish15 said:

One solution for the GSP is to have it isolated on its own rock in the sandbed. That way, you can cut any tendrils looking for a way off the rock. They can overgrow docile corals if given the chance.

Smaller, more frequent water changes are better in terms of stability in water parameters. It is more work though, so you'll want to work out a routine that lets you do it easily.

@Firefish15, Gotcha! That's good advise, thanks much!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Looking good. Can't wait to see the corals you choose.

@Clown79, it's mostly going to be soft corals, since everything else is illegal. Hopefully I'll be able to get some great frags!

57 minutes ago, Firefish15 said:

Haha, it's an exciting feeling isn't it? :happydance:

@Firefish15, ohhh! You bet! I can't wait for it to cycle. My first marine reef, its just so amazing. At the moment, I'm just very happy looking at the tank, even if there's nothing in there!! Hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That looks pretty typical for a few days in. At this point, you just have to do water changes pretty frequently and let the bacteria do their work. If the tank gets a bad odor, do another water change. Especially since yours in on your nightstand. Keep the wife happy. :lol: Just don't add any livestock until the ammonia and nitrite are at 0. 

3 hours ago, Firefish15 said:

That looks pretty typical for a few days in. At this point, you just have to do water changes pretty frequently and let the bacteria do their work. If the tank gets a bad odor, do another water change. Especially since yours in on your nightstand. Keep the wife happy. :lol: Just don't add any livestock until the ammonia and nitrite are at 0. 

@Firefish15, yep! I will do 30% weekly water change and then measure my parameters again in a couple of days. The tank doesn't stink yet, so no issues there! 😬