Top Shelf Aquatics

Best deal on Filter Floss?

Ramzman89

Why not get 1” loft quilt batting from Walmart or Hobby lobby?   It’s polyester quilt batting.  You can get 100 square feet of it for 30 bucks. I’ve used it in my African cichlid tank for years.  Just make sure it says 100% polyester.  Same cost and stuff in the above link but no shipping.  Just go to local store. 

• Thanks 1

The inTank may not be the cheapest but it is definitely the best value.  That stuff is hands down the best filter floss you can buy and the others I have tried (both filament and pads) have come nowhere close. Last time I ordered I got enough to qualify for free shipping and it will last me probably at least 9 months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
A Little Blue

I haven't try them all but I had good results with this stuff. Price is about the same as intank (never tried intank floss so no idea how it compares). 

256784418_Screenshot_2019-01-21-12-18-222.thumb.png.cd55567afea21ef0a5be3e41a0a0a82c.png

• Thanks 1

I will say, I did buy a pack of the in tank brand bonded blue pads.  I’m using it on my nano but I only need a couple of 2”x2” squares.  I like it for this application and it’s cheap enough for my NANO. 

For my highly stocked African 600 gallon tank it would be too expensive to change as often as it would require it. 

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Jeff Hood said:

Why not get 1” loft quilt batting from Walmart or Hobby lobby?   It’s polyester quilt batting.  You can get 100 square feet of it for 30 bucks. I’ve used it in my African cichlid tank for years.  Just make sure it says 100% polyester.  Same cost and stuff in the above link but no shipping.  Just go to local store. 

That seems expensive. When you can get 200 for $6

36 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

That seems expensive. When you can get 200 for $6

Well, you wrote 20 sqft for $6.  

That’s just what it cost here locally. Pretty reasonable really.  120”x120”.  It’s for making a king size quilt. 

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Best deal on Filter Floss?
On 1/21/2019 at 9:10 AM, specore said:

The inTank may not be the cheapest but it is definitely the best value.  That stuff is hands down the best filter floss

Yep it's what I use too. Good stuff makes the water wetter....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1