Coral Vue Hydros

Complete MiniTank line being developed

NanoRox

I think I have mentioned this before but I love the process of creating new things.  As a result, I am always looking for new reasons to sculpt something new.  It gets kind of boring just casting the same models all the time.  🙂  

I have been privileged to work on a custom project for @jbb_00 where we are creating a reef aquascape for his complete minitank.  These tanks are pretty cool but IMO they present some challenges.  Traditionally used as freshwater shrimp tanks, some adventurous souls, like jbb have decided to try  something a bit more challenging by setting up minitank picotanks.  The size of these tanks make it difficult to find properly sized rocks.  Live rock rubble can be used (in fact that's what everyone does), but NanoRox works in the miniature so we set out to make a NanoRox Minitank reef. 

Several ideas were tossed around and Jbb liked the idea of making corner pieces so he could either leave the center open or develop some center coral placement ideas a bit further.   I am happy to say they are finished and ready to be shipped back to jbb.  The cool thing is Jbb was kind enough to allow me to make molds of the Rox so they can be added to the NanoRox store for others to enjoy (the store will be updated in a week or so).

Parallel to this project, I am also working on a magnetized minitank reef ledge for Mightynanotank on Instagram as well as a fresh water Rox for Inappropriatereefer, also for his new complete minitank.  Basically I am doing a lot of work for this little tank and will have quite a few Rox options for the complete Minitank in the near future.  Heck, these designs could be used in many pico tank/jar set-ups.  incoming design include: for saltwater - magnetized ledge, mini cave, and an arch.  For freshwater - moss rock, dead tree and something for LOTR fans 🙂  

Here are some pics of Jbb's Minitank NanoRox

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
15 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

I think I have mentioned this before but I love the process of creating new things.  As a result, I am always looking for new reasons to sculpt something new.  It gets kind of boring just casting the same models all the time.  🙂  

I have been privileged to work on a custom project for @jbb_00 where we are creating a reef aquascape for his complete minitank.  These tanks are pretty cool but IMO they present some challenges.  Traditionally used as freshwater shrimp tanks, some adventurous souls, like jbb have decided try  something a bit more challenging by setting up minitank picotanks.  The size of these tanks make it difficult to find properly sized rocks.  Live rock rubble can be used (in fact that's what everyone does), but NanoRox works in the miniature so we set out to make a NanoRox Minitank reef. 

Several ideas were tossed around and Jbb liked the idea of making corner pieces so he could either leave the center open or develop some center coral placement ideas a bit further.   I am happy to say they are finished and ready to be shipped back to jbb.  The cool thing is Jbb was kind enough to allow me to make molds of the Rox so they can be added to the NanoRox store for others to enjoy (the store will be updated in a week or so).

Parallel to this project, I am also working on a magnetized minitank reef ledge for Mightynanotank on Instagram as well as a fresh water Rox for Inappropriatereefer, also for his new complete minitank.  Basically I am doing a lot of work for this little tank and will have quite a few Rox options for the complete Minitank in the near future.  Heck, these designs could be used in many pico tank/jar set-ups.  incoming design include: for saltwater - magnetized ledge, mini cave, and an arch.  For freshwater - moss rock, dead tree and something for LOTR fans 🙂  

Here are some pics of Jbb's Minitank NanoRox

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

I think it looks awesome. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with Duane @NanoRox . His communication has been outstanding, which is hard to come by these days. With my custom order, he has sent multiple updates along the way, and always asks if there is anything that needs to be changed, and his pricing is more than fair. I highly recommend nanorox to anyone working with a pico / nano sized tank. 

Duane , thanks again for all of your hard work on this project. I look forward to seeing the final product soon. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, patback said:

I do NOT  need another tank but this nanorox design makes me really want one. Good job!

you always need another tank

• Haha 3

I just want to say I like seeing “Turds” at the top of the website when I log in........ makes me chuckle every time. 

🤷🏻‍♀️😄

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I just want to say I like seeing “Turds” at the top of the website when I log in........ makes me chuckle every time. 

🤷🏻‍♀️😄

lol me too actually.  The first show I attend...that slogan is going on my shirt.  just one big hashtag and my logo.  :-) 

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions