Innovative Marine Aquariums

I just love my Blood Red Fire Shrimp

Sethdarkus

He just so full of personality. When I’m near the tank he comes up to me and dose a little food beging. I feed him 1-2 large omega  one sinking pellets a day one in the morning and or at night.  Along with a block of frozen carnivorous diet every 2 days that he shares with my Falco Hawkfish, the two get along quite well however when I first added the Falco my Blood Redfire shrimp I named Sam began to hide more within a week he molted for the first time since I got him and two days later he was back to his old self eating outta my hand and he actually began to clean the Falco and the Falco I named Duke let’s Sam clean him.  My emerald Crab keeps Duke in check I think, think he inserted a fear of claws however has not hurt Duke.  Since I got Duke some of the white on his body has gained some more red spots and he seems to be getting more patterns.  Sam on the other hand only comes into the open when I’m around. I recently added two clowns, 10 gallon nano well actually 11.5 gallons if you count my refugium that I grow cheato and pods along with rotifers in, 1 turbo and 4 hermits along with a Falco and of course a blood red fire shrimp and of course a emerald crab, the refugium serves as my waste exporter along with quite possibly helping to oxidate my tank and to remove some ammonia I do got 20lbs of live rock along with 20lbs of live sand, however the base rock probably needs 4 more months before it’s completely live rock however it is getting a nice amount of coralline algae and I’m thinking of getting a bubble tip anemone around June or July.  A unexpected pro of my Falco Hawkfish is he seems to be destroying my bristle worm population but that might be more con than pro considering they are useful to an extent.  I’m 3 months in on this tank and I’m honestly loving my first saltwater tank however I’m probably pushing my boiload a little but I do weekly water changes or a water change every 3.5 days If i feel it needed like seeing algae growth that shouldn’t be happening because my cheato should be starving it.

C4B43434-7944-4600-BC0D-F4C9D75ECAD6.jpeg

BA030E32-2200-44F6-8D12-AC531F2289D4.jpeg

D56DFF0A-75D7-4045-A488-DD749F22B042.jpeg

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Sethdarkus said:

He just so full of personality. When I’m near the tank he comes up to me and dose a little food beging. I feed him 1-2 large omega  one sinking pellets a day one in the morning and or at night.  Along with a block of frozen carnivorous diet every 2 days that he shares with my Falco Hawkfish, the two get along quite well however when I first added the Falco my Blood Redfire shrimp I named Sam began to hide more within a week he molted for the first time since I got him and two days later he was back to his old self eating outta my hand and he actually began to clean the Falco and the Falco I named Duke let’s Sam clean him.  My emerald Crab keeps Duke in check I think, think he inserted a fear of claws however has not hurt Duke.  Since I got Duke some of the white on his body has gained some more red spots and he seems to be getting more patterns.  Sam on the other hand only comes into the open when I’m around. I recently added two clowns, 10 gallon nano well actually 11.5 gallons if you count my refugium that I grow cheato and pods along with rotifers in, 1 turbo and 4 hermits along with a Falco and of course a blood red fire shrimp and of course a emerald crab, the refugium serves as my waste exporter along with quite possibly helping to oxidate my tank and to remove some ammonia I do got 20lbs of live rock along with 20lbs of live sand, however the base rock probably needs 4 more months before it’s completely live rock however it is getting a nice amount of coralline algae and I’m thinking of getting a bubble tip anemone around June or July.  A unexpected pro of my Falco Hawkfish is he seems to be destroying my bristle worm population but that might be more con than pro considering they are useful to an extent.  I’m 3 months in on this tank and I’m honestly loving my first saltwater tank however I’m probably pushing my boiload a little but I do weekly water changes or a water change every 3.5 days If i feel it needed like seeing algae growth that shouldn’t be happening because my cheato should be starving it.

C4B43434-7944-4600-BC0D-F4C9D75ECAD6.jpeg

BA030E32-2200-44F6-8D12-AC531F2289D4.jpeg

D56DFF0A-75D7-4045-A488-DD749F22B042.jpeg

Welcome to NR! 🙂

nice pictures. 

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Welcome to NR! 🙂

nice pictures. 

Thanks I just hope with time I can better give Insight on things like Falco Hawkfish or other things considered problematic.  Soon as my emerald gets big enough to be an issue he gonna live in my refugium with the cheato and I’ll add a smaller preferably female emerald crab 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sethdarkus said:

Thanks I just hope with time I can better give Insight on things like Falco Hawkfish or other things considered problematic.  Soon as my emerald gets big enough to be an issue he gonna live in my refugium with the cheato and I’ll add a smaller preferably female emerald crab 

I have a Falco Hawk atm. My previous Falco Hawk was around 5-years-old before he passed away. They are very active, full of personality...and eat shrimp. If your fire can fit into his mouth, there's a high chance he might eat it eventually. Just a head's up. My previous Falco used to eat any shrimp I put into the tank, including cleaners as large as he was. He also had a habit of antagonizing the shrimp first - meaning, he'd pluck off their antennas or even a leg or two. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Good thing your shrimp is bigger than your shrimp eater, but keep in mind that shrimp eaters (predators in general) can have eyes bigger than their mouths.  So he might still take a fatal swipe at the shrimp if he's feeling "froggy".