Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pictures of current gen Tide Plus M power connections?

fulltang

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the power connections/brick on the Tide Plus M (mine is on order), and length if possible? Is the power brick/control box hardwired to the light? I'm in the process of setting up my stand with some pretty particular cable management and I didn't really consider that the Tide Plus M is hardwired from the light into a control box, making it impossible to run through my DIY conduit.

You can see my cable management here:

Thanks!

Thrassian Atoll

I can’t help you with size as I sold it, but here’s a pic.  This is the duo, but I think it’s the same as the tide?  It’s hardwired inside of the brick though.

84532F89-4CC9-4932-BD02-1F5782A3A9E1.thumb.jpeg.2a8cbbd19d7a4734b3002cd715667030.jpeg801 Meadowbrook

Ooof thats hard for cable management for sure. In theory you could just cut and reassembled the wires, they're color coded, but that assumes you are fine soldering and are giving up the warranty. 

Just now, HarryPotter said:

Ooof thats hard for cable management for sure. In theory you could just cut and reassembled the wires, they're color coded, but that assumes you are fine soldering and are giving up the warranty. 

I'm extremely confident in my soldering ability, but I'm okay with having one cable outside of the conduit. I'll likely just velcro it to the back of the conduit and run it off the back of the stand, no big deal.

• Like 1
Tom@HaslettMI

You can open the contoller/driver portion, take a picture of the cable connections, disconnect the wires (it just requires a small screwdriver), cut off the ziptie that keeps the cable sleeve in the control box, pull the wires out, run the wires as need be, then reconnect using the photo to make sure you get it right. I have done this multiple times with my Duo. 

Tom

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

You can open the contoller/driver portion, take a picture of the cable connections, disconnect the wires (it just requires a small screwdriver), cut off the ziptie that keeps the cable sleeve in the control box, pull the wires out, run the wires as need be, then reconnect using the photo to make sure you get it right. I have done this multiple times with my Duo. 

Tom

Oh that's good to know! Any idea if that voids the warranty?

12 hours ago, fulltang said:

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the power connections/brick on the Tide Plus M (mine is on order), and length if possible? Is the power brick/control box hardwired to the light? I'm in the process of setting up my stand with some pretty particular cable management and I didn't really consider that the Tide Plus M is hardwired from the light into a control box, making it impossible to run through my DIY conduit.

You can see my cable management here:

Thanks!

It is a pretty simple process for doing this. Like Tom mentioned. If you need any help please let me know. 

It will not void the warranty. 

If you have not ordered the light, I can actually send it partly assembled and labeled.

-Dave

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DaveFason said:

It is a pretty simple process for doing this. Like Tom mentioned. If you need any help please let me know. 

It will not void the warranty. 

If you have not ordered the light, I can actually send it partly assembled and labeled.

-Dave

I did place the order already, according to the spreadsheet it's drilled and tap, but not yet assembled. I'll shoot you an email (you actually responded a few hours ago with an order update.), Thanks Dave.