Jump to content
fulltang

Pictures of current gen Tide Plus M power connections?

Recommended Posts

Hey all,

 

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the power connections/brick on the Tide Plus M (mine is on order), and length if possible? Is the power brick/control box hardwired to the light? I'm in the process of setting up my stand with some pretty particular cable management and I didn't really consider that the Tide Plus M is hardwired from the light into a control box, making it impossible to run through my DIY conduit.

 

You can see my cable management here:

 

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post

I can’t help you with size as I sold it, but here’s a pic.  This is the duo, but I think it’s the same as the tide?  It’s hardwired inside of the brick though.

 

84532F89-4CC9-4932-BD02-1F5782A3A9E1.thumb.jpeg.2a8cbbd19d7a4734b3002cd715667030.jpeg801 Meadowbrook

Share this post


Link to post

Ooof thats hard for cable management for sure. In theory you could just cut and reassembled the wires, they're color coded, but that assumes you are fine soldering and are giving up the warranty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, HarryPotter said:

Ooof thats hard for cable management for sure. In theory you could just cut and reassembled the wires, they're color coded, but that assumes you are fine soldering and are giving up the warranty. 

 

I'm extremely confident in my soldering ability, but I'm okay with having one cable outside of the conduit. I'll likely just velcro it to the back of the conduit and run it off the back of the stand, no big deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

You can open the contoller/driver portion, take a picture of the cable connections, disconnect the wires (it just requires a small screwdriver), cut off the ziptie that keeps the cable sleeve in the control box, pull the wires out, run the wires as need be, then reconnect using the photo to make sure you get it right. I have done this multiple times with my Duo. 

 

Tom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

You can open the contoller/driver portion, take a picture of the cable connections, disconnect the wires (it just requires a small screwdriver), cut off the ziptie that keeps the cable sleeve in the control box, pull the wires out, run the wires as need be, then reconnect using the photo to make sure you get it right. I have done this multiple times with my Duo. 

 

Tom

 

Oh that's good to know! Any idea if that voids the warranty?

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, fulltang said:

Hey all,

 

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the power connections/brick on the Tide Plus M (mine is on order), and length if possible? Is the power brick/control box hardwired to the light? I'm in the process of setting up my stand with some pretty particular cable management and I didn't really consider that the Tide Plus M is hardwired from the light into a control box, making it impossible to run through my DIY conduit.

 

You can see my cable management here:

 

Thanks!

 

It is a pretty simple process for doing this. Like Tom mentioned. If you need any help please let me know. 

 

It will not void the warranty. 

 

If you have not ordered the light, I can actually send it partly assembled and labeled.

-Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DaveFason said:

It is a pretty simple process for doing this. Like Tom mentioned. If you need any help please let me know. 

 

It will not void the warranty. 

 

If you have not ordered the light, I can actually send it partly assembled and labeled.

-Dave

 

I did place the order already, according to the spreadsheet it's drilled and tap, but not yet assembled. I'll shoot you an email (you actually responded a few hours ago with an order update.), Thanks Dave.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...