ReefCleaners.org

My anemone has returned, but doesn't look good.

owen2121

So about 5 months back I had a good looking flower anemone. One day it just disappeared and I could not find it anywhere, and it's been missing for ever since. but today I found it floating around my tank about 1/10 the size it used to be I got it to sit on a rock but it doesn't look good at all. Is there anything I can do to bring it back to it's original beauty or is it too late.

This was before

Screenshot_20190120-135218~2.png

IMG_20190120_135818.jpgThis is after

44 minutes ago, Zane W said:

IT may be due to inadequate light or inadequate flow and it was trying to find a nice spot all this time? 

I will try playing around with the flow and will look into new lighting. In the meantime, I got it in a little quartine basket in the tank and I'm trying to force feed it brine. hopefully I can bring it back.

Is it still sticky? Usually once they shrivel up and lose all stickiness, they will start not accepting any food. Also, I think your nem is a bit bleached. Good call on isolating it. I think @RayWhisperer can help - he gave me good pointers on dealing with my shriveled, bleached nem and it's slowly recovering now. 

(Sorry for the tag, Ray - figured you have better experience and knowledge in this than I do). 

• 3 weeks later...

Need to know about the tank and tank conditions.....the reason he's like this is in that info somewhere!  :-)

Please post all test results, especially nitrates and phosphates, but post everything you have.  Anything about the tank or tank's history that you think is related would be of interest as well.

A full tank shot that shows the lights and flow would be useful too.

Thanks!