Pod Your Reef

Thermometer

Ramzman89

Tank thermometer that doesn't take up much space? I have a standard glass thermometer on suction cup. I'd like to get something smaller and offer

a cleaner look. I'd like a strip badge on side of

glass but they go outside tank and I don't trust them. Do they make

one for the inside by any chance?

They sell a 2 pack for 9 bucks too. One for mixing water during a water change is nice.. also if you dont have a temperature controller as a safety for your heater you might want to look into the inkbird controller it has a built in thermometer with a big display

• Thanks 1
Gourami Swami
5 hours ago, Weikel said:

Screenshot_20190120-082129_Chrome.jpg

I use one of these I got at Petco. Sensor goes in back of my AIO, and I have it double-side taped to the side of my stand. Constant temp readings, takes up no space in tank, and so far has been accurate. If it fails, it was only a few bucks and I'll just replace it.

• Thanks 1
Christopher Marks

Any chamber with good water flow where the water level isn't going to drop beneath the probe. The 1st chamber should be fine, even if your heater is in there, because there's so much flow. Just keep some distance between them so they're not physically touching.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Any chamber with good water flow where the water level isn't going to drop beneath the probe. The 1st chamber should be fine, even if your heater is in there, because there's so much flow. Just keep some distance between them so they're not physically touching.

Thanks man

• Like 1
On 1/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, Weikel said:

They sell a 2 pack for 9 bucks too. One for mixing water during a water change is nice.. also if you dont have a temperature controller as a safety for your heater you might want to look into the inkbird controller it has a built in thermometer with a big display

Agreed.  I have 2 and they have been great for the money.   I did a review of them here:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1