Pod Your Reef

Lighting for 20 Gallon High Tank Question

cocodriz

Hey guys, I saw petco had a sale on a 20 gallon high tank for $20 and saw my perfect opportunity for a nano reef. I just have a question on the lighting which admittedly I have never been too knowledgeable in. The dimensions of this tank are ~ 24x12x16 and I am hoping to grow mainly LPS and Softies for the first few years then maybe add some SPS in there. I was hoping to get some suggestions for lighting. I'm currently looking at the AI Prime HD and I feel pretty good about it but I'm not sure if I might need two instead of just one. They are a little pricey so if I can get by for a little with just one I might end up doing that temporarily, but I don't mind getting another if thats what might be best for this tank. I also have an HOB skimmer/refugium i plan to mount on the back that will take up most of the space in back for mounts so I'll be looking for something that can either be suspended or mounted on the sides. Again, I'm really set on ordering ONE of the AI Prime HDs but the only thing holding me back is the possibility of having to get two...

1 minute ago, Clown79 said:

1 Prime should be enough. Its spread is 24x24. 

16 high isn't very deep. 

I have 1 prime over 24x20x12

Great! Thank you for your input!