Top Shelf Aquatics

fish hide when return pump is on

DeltaZ

i have a 14g biocube, i have bicolor blenny, royal gramma, rainford goby, and hiding for three days is hi-fin band goby.  i have a cobalt aquatics mj900 return pump with IM aqua spin nozzle and a hydor koralia 425 gph powerhead pointing mostly up for water agitation. now, my problem is that when i turn on these devices the fish immediately hide under the rocks, none come out when pumps are on, as soon as i turn it off, they all come out and play.  dumb fish don’t know i have the pumps for their benefit, OXYGEN!!!!.  i turn off when feeding, and when i feel like they would like to come out.  it’s on all night long though.  any advice as to what i can do to have these on and have fish move around???  i have an order for the IM wavemaker 125-1200gph so maybe that will slow water movement a bit for them.  any ideas as to what else i can do, do i have too much water movement in my tank that they can’t support???

yeah i don’t think it’s stray voltage, i think it’s just that they probably just get scared, i think that i should just keep it on, hopefully they get use to it.