Cultivated Reef

Looking for a good, cheap nano/midsized stand that looks good?

WhatsReef

Check out stainless steel kitchen prep tables at restaurant supply websites. I just got one that's 24" x 24" that fits my Fusion 40 perfectly for a great price. Going to have a classy-looking glass fermenting tank on the bottom shelf for ATO. It's industrial looking obviously but it looks really clean and overall dope in my opinion. Can use magnets to stick stuff on the sides of the tabletop also. The table top is hollow underneath so you can stick power blocks and other stuff up underneath with velcro and it's totally hidden as well.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WhatsReef said:

Thanks! I like it 🙂 Certainly stronger and better looking than particle board stands. Hopefully it holds up well, my stainless steel light hanger still gets some rust spots but they wipe away easily and and if I keep it clean, it's not really an issue. 

I think with a stainless steel ATI fixture or unpainted/clear coated nano-box to match the stand and what not... it could look really slick. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, WhatsReef said:

Check out stainless steel kitchen prep tables at restaurant supply websites. I just got one that's 24" x 24" that fits my Fusion 40 perfectly for a great price. Going to have a classy-looking glass fermenting tank on the bottom shelf for ATO. It's industrial looking obviously but it looks really clean and overall dope in my opinion. Can use magnets to stick stuff on the sides of the tabletop also. The table top is hollow underneath so you can stick power blocks and other stuff up underneath with velcro and it's totally hidden as well.

That’s kind of awesome. I like unusual stands.  

8 hours ago, RustyRocket said:

Just a quick question. With the saltwater...are you not worried about the corrosion?

Now I am. I guess I didn't quite research or think that part out fully.

9 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I think with a stainless steel ATI fixture or unpainted/clear coated nano-box to match the stand and what not... it could look really slick. 

Yeah, it would look a lot cooler with a metal finish on the light fixture... I didn't come up with the whole plan early enough in the process unfortunately but it's got a black Hydra 52. But I did connect a shelf with metal basket shelves to hold the stuff I need to be handy. I'll try to post a good photo later.