SaltCritters.com

HELP!! Seriously...

Smokey

16 hours ago, Clown79 said:

The tank is most likely cycled by this point. It's been 4 mnths. You've had fish that died which produced ammonia when they peed, pooped, and died.

You have living things in the tank now - shrimp, corals snails, don't dose ammonia-

that will kill them and the good bacteria that has already developed.

The original fish you added most likely had ich or another parasite and then every other fish added got it and died too.

The tank must go fishless(fallow) for 8 weeks before another fish is added. That fish should be quarantined before being added to prevent this happening again.

Feed your shrimp 1-2 times a week while the tank has no fish.

During this fishless period, would be a good time to do research.

If there is corals and inverts- any life in the tank, ammonia should not be dosed. It will kill it.

Have any idea to feed my Cleaner shrimp? When i feed my corals he climbs on my turkey Baster whenever i spot feed my corals with reef roids. He seems to like it, goes crazy for it! lol

15 hours ago, Smokey said:

Have any idea to feed my Cleaner shrimp? When i feed my corals he climbs on my turkey Baster whenever i spot feed my corals with reef roids. He seems to like it, goes crazy for it! lol

If you feed reef roids they go nuts as you described.

You can give it a fish pellet or 2 a few times a week. 

I guess if you weren't properly cycled are you COMPLETELY sure all these fish died of ich and not of being in am improperly cycled habitat?

Are you measuring salinity with a refractometer (was my biggest mistake)

Did you test water when you 'cycled" to ensure that you did indeed cycle?

I would definitely reiterate that it ISNT going to hurt you to go fallow and treat for ICH. I would also recommend more then anything do ALOT more research before you try this again. Setbacks are frustrating but I spend a solid 6 months researching before I got anything wet.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, docshipwreck said:

I guess if you weren't properly cycled are you COMPLETELY sure all these fish died of ich and not of being in am improperly cycled habitat?

I would definitely reiterate that it ISNT going to hurt you to go fallow and treat for ICH. I would also recommend more then anything do ALOT more research before you try this again. Setbacks are frustrating but I spend a solid 6 months researching before I got anything wet.

Indeed, this is crucial. I spent a few months before I got my pico jar just reading the standard procedures of the hobby, common problems, etc. Then I spent more time honing in on specifics of what I wanted to have for my tank and what their requirements were. OP, you should do this and think about exactly what you want from your tank.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:25 PM, docshipwreck said:

Yes i have a refractometer it is a stable 1.023, and i am sure my tank was completely cycled i added in a seeded filter catridge and used Nutri Seawater

On 1/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, docshipwreck said:

Tank has been wet for over four months. You can use dry rock dry sand and salt water, not dose or feed or add a damn thing and it will still be cycled in that time. Or damn near it anyway. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Tank has been wet for over four months. You can use dry rock dry sand and salt water, not dose or feed or add a damn thing and it will still be cycled in that time. Or damn near it anyway. 

exactly.