ReefCleaners.org

AI hydra 26 hd settings???

Dutchymomo

Ok so I am in the process of piecing together my first reef, it's a standard 29 gallon and I found a deal on an Ai hydra 26 hd for $125 and it looks great over the tank. I was wondering what settings some of you guys and gals would recommend for some softies lps and maybe some beginner sps. Also idk a lot about acclimating corals any help would be appreciated. 

The last thing I need is an RODI unit and will start a build thread as soon as i get it. 

As always any help is appreciated!

There are some presets on Ai site that are very popular.

I use David Saxby's customized to my preference since I don't like high whites.

Another favoured setting is ab+ that brs studied.

As for acclimating coral. I just float the bag in my tank, then dip the coral, then add it to the bottom of my tank and gradually raise them to a final spot.

I only drip acclimate sensitive stock or if they are shipped to me and its recommended by the store.

• 1 month later...

I have the hydra 26HD.  I have my blues around 68% and white around 24%.  Seems to work.  I started in the low 30s and ramped up around 3% per week for while.  My corals grow fine.  Hope that helps.