SaltCritters.com

Zoa/Leather Ocean revive t247 help!

JASON424

Put zoa and leather in yesterday morning. Using ocean revive t247. None of them are opening.... anyone know what percentage my white and blue should be at? Blues on for 12hrs whites only 3hrs. Never kept coral before. The tank is an evo 23.5.

20190116_200207.jpg

That pic was an hour after introduction. Today, they haven't opened at all. I do a 5 gallon water change every week and a half. Only a clown,  pajama cardnal, cleaner shrimp and 2 large hermits. 

20190117_153939.jpg

20190117_153958.jpg

I would put the lights at a lower percentage so they can adjust in case the lights at the store weren't as high intensity as yours. If you leave the lights on lower than normal and slowly ramp them over a couple days to adjust they should be fine. I think. 

Thanks. Any knowledge on this light? It goes from 1 to 100 intensity. For now have it at 10 blues only for 12 hrs... it sits 9 inches from the top of water. I don't have access to a par meter nor can I afford one. The tank is about 12 inches derp.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you please post your most recent test results as well as a brief history of the tank with any relevant info?

Please include nitrates, phosphates, Ca, Mg and alkalinity at least.

Use a free lux meter app to measure your light for the time being.  There are many app options and not all may be totally compatible with your phone's camera, so experiment and test before you trust the results.  If you get weird results, try another app, or post here and maybe we can help.

To give you an idea of what levels to expect, my Revives are putting about 20,000-30,000 lux down at the water surface and I think I have em set kinda low, tho I forget the specific settings now.

Also, I'd really recommend getting a handheld lux meter for the longer term.....$7-$20 so it's hardly a major expense.  :-)  I use the "LX-1010B" if you wannt take a Google to see what I'm using.  Not fancy, but it works!!  (Some folks use a ziplock baggie to measure underwater, but I haven't found a need for that so far.)

My alk is at 9. Calcium is 400. Ph 8.1 temp is 79 degrees. Salinity is 1.026. Ammonia and nitrate are undetectable. Right now I've got the light 9 inches off the tank. Blues are at %65 whites %15. My leather is doing good. Zoanthids not so much. Barley opening. Has been 3 weeks. 

20190128_094943.jpg

Thanks!

Still need a phosphate level and light levels when possible.

But if PO4 matches your nitrate level, then we've pinpointed your problem -- no available nutrients.

What's your filtration like?  This is a new tank, right?