Top Shelf Aquatics

New Tiger Pistol and Hi Fin Goby

NanoRox

So I purchased the above (later found the tiger pistol may be a problem but will see...I always seem to regret basing my purchases based off liveaquaria.com recommendations) yesterday.  I have seen the goby maybe twice and the shrimp dug under a rock and have not seen him since.  In fact he is not even maintaining the entrance so questions is...normal or can the shrimp just die under the rock? 

Side note...my fire fish has a good portion of his back fin missing but seems fine...tiger pistol's doing I fear but then again, like I said, have not seen him once since his initial digging.  

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

So I purchased the above (later found the tiger pistol may be a problem but will see...I always seem to regret basing my purchases based off liveaquaria.com recommendations) yesterday.  I have seen the goby maybe twice and the shrimp dug under a rock and have not seen him since.  In fact he is not even maintaining the entrance so questions is...normal or can the shrimp just die under the rock? 

Side note...my fire fish has a good portion of his back fin missing but seems fine...tiger pistol's doing I fear but then again, like I said, have not seen him once since his initial digging.  

I used to see my pistol shrimp all the time in my Nuvo 10 when I had him. They are burrowers so the fact you haven’t seen him should be fine. If you really wanna know if he’s there...put some frags on the ground, mine would steal them to fortify his entrance. Lol. You could also spot feed some mysis shrimp by the entrance of his hole. Did your goby pair with him yet? I had a yellow watchman goby that paired instantly with my shrimp. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

I just saw my pistol for the first time in months. Sometimes I’ll see it everyday. Let them live their life. 😁

• Like 1

Pretty sure they are having a tea party under your rocks.

I saw my pair the first hour when I got them - didn’t see them until 3 weeks after. Alive and well. Following, they were out and about every day.

Unfortunatly I lost both due to tank issues a few weeks later.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I just saw my pistol for the first time in months. Sometimes I’ll see it everyday. Let them live their life. 😁

I'm a helicopter reefist.  🙂 

• Haha 3

I found him!  Well really my fire fish found him.  I was feeding my fire fish and clown (they have become good buddies now) when during the feeding the fire fish, for some unexplained reason, swam into a small hole/crevice under one of the live rocks.  I had not noticed it there but he swam into it like it was his home.  All of a sudden I heard the loud "crack" that literally made me jump out of my chair.  The fire fish SHOT out of the hole and looked like he had seen a ghost.  He was pale, fins pulled back and he just kind of floated there for a few seconds...all the while the clown fish dart around him like a puppy dog.  It was really kind of comical. 

• Haha 2