Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Return! 20 Gallon Long Reef

nanoreefer11

Looking good.

Really liking where your tank is.  I’ve always had bigger tanks.  My fresh water tank is 600 gallons.  I’m really loving my two small tanks.  You can get up so much closer to the smaller critters and corals and really appreciate them.  Nanos rock. 

Later. 

• Like 1

So what the heck! 

I upgraded to a 100w Aqueon pro, set the temp gauge a bit below 80, day one,

zero isssues. I check this morning and the tank is like 72 degrees!

I adjusted the slider to 80, plugged it in and a minute later it’s off thinking the water is at temp!

Swapped back to the old glass Aqueon and going to be making an angry call to Aqueon in the morning. These new pro heaters are garbage. The lack of a green led indicator like the old glass heater is a huge oversight. 

32 minutes ago, Jeff Hood said:

Looking good.

Really liking where your tank is.  I’ve always had bigger tanks.  My fresh water tank is 600 gallons.  I’m really loving my two small tanks.  You can get up so much closer to the smaller critters and corals and really appreciate them.  Nanos rock. 

Later. 

Thank you! A few small kinks to workout in the equipment but so far I’m loving it!

Update!

Ammonia .25
Nitrite 5.0
Nitrate 40

I talked to Aqueon, it was a wierd conversation. They said my heater probably wasn’t calibrated properly and to set it and try to calibrate it manually. Seeing as how the big selling point is that they are accurate to + or - 1 degree I said that was not satisfactory, not only that, but one day If my 86 degree setting reflected 78 degree in the tank, I’d always be worried one day it’d try to kick to 86 degree. I asked for a replacement and after a bit of back and fourth which started with me having to send the old heater back first, they finally caved and are sending me a new one first. 

We shall see if the new pro heater will work..

one day id like to get an apex but it’s looking like they dropped the jr line which is incredibly disappointing. 

Ammonia 0 Nitrate is falling, nitrate 80, cycle seems to be almost done! 

I havent seen any diatoms yet. I am running chemipure but usually I always saw those regardless.