Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need a new light

Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around

Unfortunately, as I was moving back to college after winter break, all of my plugs and cords for my tank's equipment got wet. Some of the equipment just uses standard plugs so after drying off, they were able to be plugged right back in and continue working. However, my new aqamai kps and the adapter and timer for my light currently do not work. I am unsure if they'll start working after drying out some more but as of right now, my tank has had no light since Sunday (other than sunlight from a nearby window) and a backup pump for flow.

Up until now, I've been using the stock light for the fluval evo 13.5 and it's was working out well. If I can't get a new adapter from fluval (the actual light is fine), then I will be looking into a different LED that's appropriate for the evo 13.5. I'll also need a lid for the tank as I want to 1) minimize evaporation, 2) keep my fish from jumping, and 3) keep my roommate's cat out of the tank.  If this is cheaper than getting a new stock light or at least comparable, any suggestions would be appreciated!!! 🙂  I need to get a light back on my tank as soon as possible.

current tank stock:

- softies (GSP, mushrooms)

-LPS (acans, duncan, torch, goniopora)

-SPS (pocilipora)

- inverts (RFAs)

- NPS 

Gourami Swami

I have this same light, works well and is the cheapest option by far.

Os far as the top goes, you could DIY a mesh top, or you could just get a piece of 1/2" acrylic cut to the right size at home depot, and use the "rimless tank lid clips" they sell on amazon/ebay to hold it up