ReefCleaners.org

Holy Moly KP Aquatics

schwaz

Great vendor. Super fast shipping and amazing communication. BTW, their aquacultured live rock is the only way to go. I started in this hobby in 2006 with Indonesia live rock. I returned a decade later and tried dry rock.... bleh!!! It’s not worth it. Go with the best stuff from KP. 

6490EBE3-81AB-422B-8B76-76BA0084500E.jpeg

86680582-B7E6-4277-9313-1723D223BBC3.jpeg

• Like 2

I want to order from them but bit hesitant in winter. How did it go? 

I am debating btw KPA and Tampa bay. KPA rock shapes look nicer but Tampa Bay ships in water so everything arrives alive. 

51 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I want to order from them but bit hesitant in winter. How did it go? 

I am debating btw KPA and Tampa bay. KPA rock shapes look nicer but Tampa Bay ships in water so everything arrives alive. 

Ime most of the good things on the florida rocks end up surviving anyway.  I had over 10+ coral on my gulfliverock wrapped in damp newspaper.  3 of them were Caribbean rose colonies that were pure skeleton upon arrival and survived a cycle. 

42 minutes ago, patback said:

Ime most of the good things on the florida rocks end up surviving anyway.  I had over 10+ coral on my gulfliverock wrapped in damp newspaper.  3 of them were Caribbean rose colonies that were pure skeleton upon arrival and survived a cycle. 

Yeah I had coral survive on gulfliverock but thought I might get more lifeforms shipped wet. Starfish, snails, mysis, unknowns, ect. However I found gulfliverock to be very dense and KPA looks to be shaped differently. I am not sure about Tampa but it looks it may also be somewhat dense. However people say tampa bay still has a lot more life than the other two simply because it is shipped wet... ugh. Too hard to decide. 

Oh, I agree. Gulf was very, very dense. Also very dirty.    I was just using it as an example that I wouldnt worry about whether it was shipped in water or damp towels or what have you.  

I had most of the algae, coral, normal hh such as pods, and even a rock boreing urchin survive.  

• Like 1

I had a serpent star at the bottom of my bag. Haven’t seen anything other hitchhikers besides the sponges, porites, and halimeda. I don’t think you can go wrong with TBS or KP. I live in Minneapolis and it’s been unseasonably warm. It was 28 when the package was delivered and the warmers inside were very warm. 

• Like 2