Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Distilled water question!!!

Noobreefer90

Ok so I ran out of RODI top off water yesterday and my tank is in need of a top off will Walmart’s gv distilled water be ok to use to top off a few gallons I just don’t want any algae out breaks or anything from it. My lfs is a hr away didn’t want to make the trip today 

I just bought some Walmart distilled water a few days ago.  It has the purple cap.  I just tested the water with my inexpensive TDS tester and it measured "0", whereas my tap water measures "122" with the same tester.  

• Like 2

I've used distilled from various stores. It's safe to use as long as it's not remineralized.

Distilled will say ozonated(that's part of the distillation process)

Says 0 fluoride, 0 minerals.

If its remineralized it will state it on the bottle

• Like 1

Plain distilled or CPAP water is safe - I have done TDS, nitrate and phosphate tests on them. Just avoid "baby" distilled water - they add minerals back into it.

11 minutes ago, starkschicken said:

I would recommend the "great value" green cap purified drinking water 89 cents / gallon

UV filtered, RO 

That's the same price as the purple cap distilled and not as pure. Purple cap distilled is a better option. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, starkschicken said:

I would recommend the "great value" green cap purified drinking water 89 cents / gallon

UV filtered, ro

Ro water is for drinking. It's not pure. Adding tds and minerals you don't want into the tank.

Why switch, the op is using RO water already.