Coral Vue Hydros

Sick Clown fish - need help in disease id

Spencer8857

So I've had a progressively worsening clown fish for some time now. I've had ich in this tank a long time ago and it's gone away on It's own. Over the past couple months one of my ocellaris clowns has developed very large white discolorations. Been eating well and behaving normally so I payed no attention and waited for it to run its course. It hasn't stopped, but increased in severity. He's showing a decrease in hunger and we've seen a change in behavior. Very shy now. Something is up. Any help here is appreciated.

Both of my clowns enjoy baths in the green star polyps. They commonly get the black spots.

IMG951517.jpg

IMG951518.jpg

20190106_133627.jpg

36 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

Could be brook: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/402151-brooklynella-fish-disease-information/

A secondary (bacterial) infection is also possible.

I would give him a 90 min Rally bath: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/401832-acriflavine-fish-medication-information/

And then treat with Metroplex + Kanaplex + Furan-2 in a QT.

Doesn't look slimy but I suppose it's worth a shot. Will need to get a decent size quarantine tank. Thanks for the input.

• 3 weeks later...

If he had Ich I think I would suspect a secondary bacterial infection from one/some of the ich wound sites getting infected.  Unusual for a clownfish...but with a reduced immune response everything is a potential pathogen.

Do you have other fish in this tank, and how are they acting post-Ich?

How old is this tank and how old are those fish?   (The tank's coraline and corals look OLD, but this is kind of a new tank problem.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 8:58 PM, mcarroll said:

If he had Ich I think I would suspect a secondary bacterial infection from one/some of the ich wound sites getting infected.  Unusual for a clownfish...but with a reduced immune response everything is a potential pathogen.

Do you have other fish in this tank, and how are they acting post-Ich?

How old is this tank and how old are those fish?   (The tank's coraline and corals look OLD, but this is kind of a new tank problem.)

Tank is 5 years.  No other issues with the my other fish. Only livestock to go in and out have been inverts. Out and about but I'll give an update tonight or tomorrow.